Effect of "Beer Brite" Finings on Pumpkin Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walstreet

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This will be my first post on this board. I'm an ex-pat Canadian living in Belfast and I was feeling a bit homesick recently so I brewed a seasonal AG Pumpkin Ale using some frozen, baked pumpkin pulp my wife had in the freezer.

Getting to the question, I brewed a very small batch of the Pumpkin Ale (2 L). I had quite a lot of sedimentation at the bottom of my FV and because of the small batch I pulled some of the sediment into my bottles. The sediment settled out quickly but it is quite "fluffy" and some bottles have a fair amount at the bottom. I had a pack of "Beer Brite" finings but I chose not to put the pack in the brew prior to bottling. For future reference, would the finings have made the sediment more compact and dense?

Sorry for the newbie question but any advice on the topic will help with future small scale brews. Thanks.

- Kyle

Welcome :cheers: My experience of finings is that it doesn't make much difference to the compactness of the trub. But I have never used that brand, so may be wrong. Time usually helps with the compactness, so leave it a while and it should be fine, and pour carefully.

Latest posts

Back