Fresh raspberry wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicchick

Reaction score
Ah...so quite a few *ahem* brews in and I am about to start off a raspberry wine, my mother is a lady of repetitive phrases and is also blessed with a selective short memory so I have been reminded on MANY occasions that 'there is a big bag of raspberries in MY freezer and I want to defrost it...' I am also bugged endlessly to not eat or make jam with said raspberries because 'we need them for the freezer...' I have a lot of raspberry canes on both the allotment and my south facing front garden - we are raspberried *up*

I've defrosted the equivalent of a half a preserving pan of berries and added a pound of sugar (I'm young and Imperial) bit of water and I plan to simmer for a bit in the morning and mash..

Planning to do a few days in the pan with usual suspects (yeast, nutrient, pectolase and citric acid) before sticking it in two djs with added sugar,grape juice and preboiled water to top up - can anyone see any obvious blunders or should all be ok? *crosses fingers*

Will take no offence if I have made a serious booboo, say now!

Have loved every brew so far...lots of WOWs and Hippyjuice!

Nx

You don't really need to simmer, just warm it enough to dissolve the sugar. Smash the berries up with a potato masher or similar.
Typically you then ferment on the pulp for a few days before straining to demijohns.

Excellent! Have done so this morning and just waiting for it to cool down enough for the yeast. I'm also doing some dyeing (day job) so kitchen is full of pans right now and the raspberries definitely smell better than the indigo!

Nx

Latest posts

Back