Black Rock Company Bitter.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopsy

Reaction score
Brewed short to 20 Litres with brew enhancer, 10 days in the FV, then straight to pressure barrel along with 90g 0f brewing sugar.........
Five weeks on, and one of the best barreled beers i have brewed, another started today, a must for any bitter drinker......

I see your drinking Burton Bridge bitter, i have some bottled, just a week or so to go (6 weeks old), what are your thoughts, good, bad, average ?

I see your drinking Burton Bridge bitter, i have some bottled, just a week or so to go (6 weeks old), what are your thoughts, good, bad, average ?

Hi there, I have done a review on here which you can get to by going to the A-Z list which might give you more info. In short on the plus side it is very smooth and has an interesting spice tone to it, but on the minus side it didn't really end up tasting like a beer more like one that hadn't fermented out, although it did according to gravity readings and was pretty flat and uninteresting. Sorry, I hope you have better luck with yours. The kit is made by Ritchie's who slow make the excellent Simply kits and the Festival kits which are supposed to be cracking so it should really be a good kit. Let me know how yours turned out.

Back