Well hello everyone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobbyhigo

Reaction score
new brewer from hull sick of overpriced iffy pub beer just giving it a go myself .

Hello from 30 miles away, (Holme on Spalding Moor) Welcome to the forum, please ask questions, the only silly one is the on you forget to ask and ruin a batch of beer. What are you on with? Kit, mash, BIAB, extract or partial mash. Which kit? Come on here an let us know its cheaper than a Fern Curl.

thanks everyone glad to be here
have got a starter kit with coopers draught
used 1kg brewers suger as supplied with kit
yeast in at 24 deg
og 1037
under the stairs blipping away nothing dramatic at 20deg
plan to bottle

Welcome aboard from a fellow Hull member, I leave all my kits about 2 weeks minimum in the fv, it's a long wait when you first start out but worth it, you'll get hooked I'm sure:thumb:

Welcome to the bizarre world of home brewing. Come in, pull up a chair, and prepare to be changed, for ever. Your life will never be the same again. You will, however, drink very cheap and increasingly good beer, from this day forth. :drink:

Welcome nobby.
Just to echo Clibits comment. What other hobby gives such great pleasure, provides an end product that is generally (!) flippin lovely, and costs a mere percentage of the commercial stuff !
I still laugh when I have finished bottling 40 pints and consider how little it has cost and what fun it was to make.....
I rarely buy beer anymore, except when the supermarkets have good offers on, like £1.25 for a bottle of Old Peculiar (reminds me of home...). And as for paying £3.50 upwards in the pub for mediocre beer, pah, you can, and will, do better yourself !

No just your Average Winter's Tale, this thread is becoming Much ado about nothing, but it is how I like it, to the OP however who has had his entrance and his exit I must apologise for I have but tarried here...................

cheers everybody VERY happy to be here
have ran my phone battery down twice today and checked on my brew every hour
Surely this is normal for brewers

Back