Wakefield Newbie here.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoscarm

Reaction score
Hi Guys/Girls,

Decided to get stuck into the world of home brewing. Haven't got a setup just yet still figuring out what I need. (Any info is appreciated)

Got a few ales/beers etc. In mind such as Hobgoblin and Brewdog.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum shoscarm, whether it's kits, AG or a mix of both, wines, ciders, you're in the right place for info. Have a read the through the "How to.." Thread before committing any money to anything, it'll save you money and heartache down the line and get you the setup that's good for you. Ask away with any questions you have, someone, somewhere will have an answer for you.

Welcome to the forum shoscarm, whether it's kits, AG or a mix of both, wines, ciders, you're in the right place for info. Have a read the through the "How to.." Thread before committing any money to anything, it'll save you money and heartache down the line and get you the setup that's good for you. Ask away with any questions you have, someone, somewhere will have an answer for you.

Thanks for the comment, I've had a look through briefly and will look further into it. Just looking for a decent starter equipment kit (Ideas welcome)

I bought this setup in January this year to brew kit beers:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Home-Brew...750?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35ddb93b3e

I buy my extra bottles here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Empty-NEW...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item5b0630cf39

The kit is £38 (comes with 40 bottles) and the extra 40 bottles are £13.75.

For kits and ingredients I've been hitting the Tesco Sale when they crop up every three months or so. Between now and then you can check Tesco or Wilko, they're about the cheapest for popular kits.

If you are looking to replicate commercial brews then you almost "HAVE" to go the all grain route. I have a set up I like, Boiler, Insulated Mash Tun, and fermenting Bins, There is also the Brew in a Bag concept which I am not too familiar with. I would go for the one of the Graham Wheeler Books to get you started although there is another guy that a lot of people recommend and I can't remember his name (will re post when I check it out)

Welcome to the Forum and remember this Homebrew lark will get you in the end.

Cheers for the comments guys, I'm looking to replicate some beers/ales etc. so all grain would be the best way to go? I will look at the book you mentioned as well

Welcome aboard! As a member you get discounts from a couple of companies - check out the information, announcements and support forum for details. They do beginner kits which might give you an idea or two!

Sorry for late reply guys been busy over the weekend. I really do appreciate all your comments, I didn't know that we got discounts for been a member will have to look into this as well.

Have checked out the book also have it on my wishlist as I have other things to buy first.

Latest posts

Back