What's your least favourite thing about brewing?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the the yellow flame you also want to be super careful if brewing anywhere confined as it'll be kicking out a lot of carbon monoxide - which I'm sure you know Is deadly...!
My least favourite bit is cleaning - either brew pot (inside) or fermenters.

Have to go with bottling....or rather cleaning bottles

of getting rid of hop debris from immersion cooler

Sounds like a candle

Sorry couldnt resist

Steve, as you are king of the thread jack I made you a sign:

image.jpg

Mmm think i might add fishing wedges of lime out of corona bottles...

looks the same as the malt miller one that i have.......ive never had to scrub the outside of the kettle.....must actually look at at next brewday..hopefully tomorrow

Yes, that's where I bought it, you jogged my memory.

#gladistartedthisthread

Just had a fiddle with my propane burner. The silver sleeve thing was completely covering the air vent, opened it out a bit and hey presto, nice blue flames with orange tips as described above.

I can now look forward to not dying when I next brew, and having survived, not having to clean tons of soot off my pot.

Which means to bring us back to the original post, I need a new thing to like least about brewing.

I've decided it's not knowing how to use my equipment properly.

Thanks to all above for the tip off.

I'm sure it's been said before, but cleaning is a pain with AG brewing. I don't like yeast lag much either - I'm always edgy until I see signs of fermentation.

Dave

Back