Brewdog Punk IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this beer and very excited to see this kit being released. No need to thank me 😱
https://www.brewdog.com/item/740/BrewDog/Brooklyn-BrewShop-Punk-IPA-homebrew-kits.html

cheers that reminds me why i didn't buy one the last time I was at bottledog £40 /8 pints = £5 a pint. It is better value if you don't already have kit or you need some kit suitable for brewing smaller quantities. it would be good for them to do a 'refill' kit :-)

Yes, not cheap and still not sure what reusable kit you are getting. Agree they need a refill kit as well.

My brother got me this for christmas. The reusable stuff would be the 1 gallon carboy, tubes, racking tube and airlock.

I agree its good for the complete beginner (which i am). My brew is currently bottle conditioning but when its done i'll write up a review

Tbh why don't they just sell the recipe on a PDF for a fiver...

All it will be is:

1kg of grains

Mash for 1hr at 65c whilst listening to punk rock at full volume (the vibrations impart a fizz to the fin- brew)

10kg of hops + 10kg dry hopping

5g at 60mins
9.995kg at 0mins

10kg dry hop for the last three weeks of fermentation...

I'm not against Brewdog or their beer I quite like it but sometimes for me less is definitely more!

Tbh why don't they just sell the recipe on a PDF for a fiver...

All it will be is:

1kg of grains

Mash for 1hr at 65c whilst listening to punk rock at full volume (the vibrations impart a fizz to the fin- brew)

10kg of hops + 10kg dry hopping

5g at 60mins
9.995kg at 0mins

10kg dry hop for the last three weeks of fermentation...

I'm not against Brewdog or their beer I quite like it but sometimes for me less is definitely more!

Haha 10kg of hops

hqdefault.jpg

cheers that reminds me why i didn't buy one the last time I was at bottledog ���£40 /8 pints = ���£5 a pint. It is better value if you don't already have kit or you need some kit suitable for brewing smaller quantities. it would be good for them to do a 'refill' kit :-)

They do a refill kit that you can buy from Firebox for 15 sheets. See the 'Available accessories' section of this link:

http://www.firebox.com/product/6982/Brewdog-Punk-IPA-Beer-Making-Kit

Brings the price down to a meagre 1.87 a pint.... bargain :doh:

I must admit I am a fan of this beer but agree that it is a pricey kit if you already have all the kit. Any decent clones out there, or a copy of the kit instructions ;)

I must admit I am a fan of this beer but agree that it is a pricey kit if you already have all the kit. Any decent clones out there, or a copy of the kit instructions ;)

+1 for this. I love some of brewdogs beers, one of which they Don't make anymore (trashy blonde)

5 am saint also a good beer.

Laughed at the 9.995kg comment. Spot on!

Look at BYO.com. Im using a clone from that site which is pretty good.

John

More than the price of a bottle of real ale from Tesco (over 60p more than a bottle of Hobgoblin). Brewdog really do take the **** with their pricing!

I don;t get the whole Brewdog thing. There are not many of their beers that I've tried that I was particularly taken with. I do still go into Brewdog Newcastle with friends when I'm back up home, and I've tried several of their beers... I just don't get what all the fuss is about.

I don;t get the whole Brewdog thing. There are not many of their beers that I've tried that I was particularly taken with. I do still go into Brewdog Newcastle with friends when I'm back up home, and I've tried several of their beers... I just don't get what all the fuss is about.

I suspect most peoples experiences with brewdog are similar to mine. Right up until my late 20s i was a lager only sort of guy. I didn't like traditional big brew bitters like Tetleys (still don't tbh) so my beer horizons were pretty limited. Then i tried some brewdog beers and they were a taste sensation compared to the swill i was drinking before. Since then i've had my eyes open to all the different styles and types of beer thats out there.

Brewdog are basically a gateway brewery into the wide world of beer.

I suspect most peoples experiences with brewdog are similar to mine. Right up until my late 20s i was a lager only sort of guy. I didn't like traditional big brew bitters like Tetleys (still don't tbh) so my beer horizons were pretty limited. Then i tried some brewdog beers and they were a taste sensation compared to the swill i was drinking before. Since then i've had my eyes open to all the different styles and types of beer thats out there.

Brewdog are basically a gateway brewery into the wide world of beer.

I suppose, I can understand that.

It's very clever branding. I like their beers a lot but the prices are ridiculous! Over £2 for a 330ml bottle in Tesco!

If you read anything about Brewdog, it's the classic case of marketing over substance. Virtually everything James Watt and Martin Dickie did over the years has been geared to becoming well known and selling more beer; their spat with the Portman Group, going to war with CAMRA etc. You can buy into it if you want, and they were some of the first on the 'craft beer' scene, but these days there are many other very good alternatives.

Saying that, I got bought a Brewdog voucher for Christmas and I'll be redeeming that very soon in Leicester..

Latest posts

Back