Everyones next planned brew?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im torn between a Leffe or some sort or American type of 'Steam Beer'....just for the hop taste, wot with summer just around the corner (fingers crossed)

Mine is Snecklifter may try all malt and no invert sugar this time.
Have Kingsdown Ale on hand pump at moment :drink:

Did a cream ale and a bitter, both AG, last weekend. Next weekend I'm planning an AG elderflower blonde ale. Oh and a Kölsch, again.

I'm well into my planned Summer Ale brew today :) Going great so far. next brew will be in a week or so, having read every ones plans I'm now undecided on what to do next !

Jay :)

Doing a hoppy pale ale for a friends 50th birthday.

I will use a Coopers Australian Pale kit plus a mini mash including larger malt, pale crystal and rye. The hops (besides those in the kit) will be late addition Aurora, Bramling Cross and Centenial, plus some Cascade for a dry hop. I might also use some soft brown sugar towards the end of the boil. The yeast will be Nottingham.

Looking for something around the 6% mark to be bottled in 75cl champagne type bottles with a good level of carbonation.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

1. Bohemian Pils

2. Witbier split in two with half becoming a raspberry beer for Mrs Greenhorn

3. A 10L experimental Gose.

Then in May I'll be laying down a slow conditioning beast for me and Mrs G's 40th birthday celebrations in October. Haven't decided exactly what yet.

Two brews on saturday as wife out all day.
She hates smell of my beer and hops boiling away.
Have a good selection of malt and hops.
So may brew a bitter or IPA and a darker ale.

I'm now swaying towards an American Amber, but with APA type hopping so it's got enough body and maltiness to it, whilst also having that nice hop hit. Thinking of Centennial early on, then finish with Cascade and Amarillo to a max of 45 - 50 IBUs.

Some split batches I think.

4x Wheat beers, flame out and decant about 5l out of the kettle at 15min into a stock pot, add fruit, decant to demijohn, repeat with 3 fruits and one plain.

Likewise some American IPA's, with 4 different 15minute and dry hops to build up some variety in the fridge for BBQ's.

A 20l batch of Wipeout IPA from Port Brewing in San Diego, got the recipe from the brewer last year. 7.5%, 80 IBU's, and 5oz of hops in 20l :twisted:

Im going to be brewing Abbey beer from greg hughes book. I have ordered all the ingredients, this is my first brew since last summer.
I really like greg hughes book and have made a couple of good beers from it but the last one was the raspberry wheat beer and every bottle i have opened just explodes and i lost over half the bottle down the sink.

Im going to be brewing Abbey beer from greg hughes book. I have ordered all the ingredients, this is my first brew since last summer.
I really like greg hughes book and have made a couple of good beers from it but the last one was the raspberry wheat beer and every bottle i have opened just explodes and i lost over half the bottle down the sink.

Either you've over carbed the beer or it's a wild yeast infection. Chill the beer in the fridge before you open the bottles usually helps

You may have got a wild yeast infection in it. Fruit like raspberries will often have a bloom of wild yeast on their surface which is not noticeable. I have wondered about how to get around this, maybe steeping in vodka before adding as just rinsing in water probably won't do it. Or use tinned raspberries as these will have been pasteurised during the canning process. Real shame though as it sounds like a lovely idea for a summer beer. I too use the GH book quite a lot even if it's just to give me ideas for the type of beer I want to brew next.

Latest posts

Back