geterbrewed.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only LHBS near me sells kits beer and wine.. and they looks like they have been sat on the shelve for a long time.. Equipment I may consider but other than that I wouldn't buy any of the ingredients..

FWIW I really like stores like Get we brewed, they are not local to me, but that isn't their fault.. they seem to offer things like order in unique quantities for smaller or bigger with diminishing costs.. the few times I had any issue they went out of their way to correct me and they will always help answer questions on social media..

I also loved their slovenian hop competition.. those hops were ace and I loved what I produced with them.. and I still urge people to give them a go..

I would to be able to drive to a store like them or HBC malt miller ect and not have to pay for teh delivery charge and speak to them face to face but it is a luxury I and many do not have..

I've never had a problem from Get er brewed, I get what I want when I expect it however I don't go over the 25 kilo weight limit so that is not an issue. (I do think "I won hops" is a little short and almost brusque. There is a magic couple of words, "Thank you" which do mean a lot. I have just won an Amarillo mash kit and they took the time to respond to my joke about singing "This is a beer from Amarillo" I loved the aroma from the base malt in that kit and asked what it was, for future reference, and they were back to me within an hour) They get a thumbs up from me.

It must be frustrating as hell having issues with a homebrew order, so you have my sympathy. I have to echo what others have said and say that I've only had really good experiences with geterbrewed.

The only black mark for me is Parcelforce. If they started using DPD I'd be happy as a piggy in poop.

Could be worth contacting them regarding your concerns. Seems a shame for you to not have them as an option.

i have used this company a grand total of 3 times or attempted to and its pretty much been a bad experience.

order one was for a couple of hundred quid which included a few sacks of grain , glass carboys yada yada ..so in theory qualified for free postage.......but it didnt got a demanding email to add 2 times 4.95 postage to send......bear in mind im less than 20 miles away

canceled order and ordered from hbc ie and picked some bits up locally...also saved a few quid.

granted they have disclaimers about weight on orders now so lesson learned.

raised concerns here and all grand until i mentioned company name.....then i got wrists slapped cause they giving freebies at time...

gave it time

then i won the selection of hops...subject to review.....and an order.what ever happened the reviews?

placed order albeit fairly small half a dozen packs of yeast and a few bits along with the note "i won hops".

order arrived hops didnt.

wasnt too annoyed tbh was gonna do a brew with the whole lot in just for the hell of it.

final straw thursday decided to warm for my current yeast stocks

time for a saison

thought ill support local....
irony is if id ordered from the likes of malt miller it would have arrived by now (from past experience)

3 attempts to order ended up with "service unavailable" at this point cart was empty so had to repeat.

was 2 packs mg yeast

so then thought what the hell ordered 4 packs.

if it arrives will be worlds most expensive dried yeast due to 2 times 4.50 shipping charges

needless to say they messed up and i have multiple orders placed.

Hi Niman,

I was genuinely shocked to read this, I would have hoped you'd have addressed these issues with us prior to posting but you have added a few mis truths, I 'd love to resolve this after all we pride ourselves in having 1st class customer service.

I'd like to respond to your points;

1. The order you cancelled was for £101.54 not ' a couple of hundred quid ' it would have taken us three postage labels to ship this order and thats why you were asked to pay an additional postage charge. I'd like to point out we don't make anything from shipping we simply cover our costs, parcelforce worldwide do all our shipping and we have to work to their terms and conditions. We have this clearly advertised on the site and in our terms and conditions which is a check box prior to completing the sale

2. I checked your order ref the hops competition and searched all our emails and can't locate any comment from you stating you had won so our staff couldn't have known to add them

3. Your recent yeast order was ordered at 330pm on Thursday, parcelforce had already collected that day, it was dispatched on Friday and you should receive tomorrow, one of the staff picked up it was two orders for the same person and you have already been refunded one delivery charge. It does take a day or so to show in your account if not already showing

I'm sorry you felt we didn't offer a good service but please talk to us about these things, it helps us address them.

I love supporting local and thats why we employee local people to work in our various businesses and I hope you will try supporting us again. We will happily add the hops you won to your next order if you'd like and I hope you understand we cant give free postage on such orders as we have to make a margin to continue to operate. We aren't perfect but we genuinely couldn't try any harder, we want to be number one and will continue to try, constructive feedback always helps

Kind Regards

Jonathan

Hi Niman,

I was genuinely shocked to read this, I would have hoped you'd have addressed these issues with us prior to posting but you have added a few mis truths, I 'd love to resolve this after all we pride ourselves in having 1st class customer service.

1. The order you cancelled was for ���£101.54 not ' a couple of hundred quid ' it would have taken us three postage labels to ship this order and thats why you were asked to pay an additional postage charge. I'd like to point out we don't make anything from shipping we simply cover our costs, parcelforce worldwide do all our shipping and we have to work to their terms and conditions. We have this clearly advertised on the site and in our terms and conditions which is a check box prior to completing the sale

meh lets not split hairs more than 1 less than 2 from my point of view it wasnt a good first transaction.

and at the time there was no tick box and i have commented on that. on original post ...tbh if original reply had been along lines of "our automated order system has messed up u need to pay a bit extra" i would have prob been fine with that.

2. I checked your order ref the hops competition and searched all our emails and can't locate any comment from you stating you had won so our staff couldn't have known to add them.

i will pm u about that

3. Your recent yeast order was ordered at 330pm on Thursday, parcelforce had already collected that day, it was dispatched on Friday and you should receive tomorrow, one of the staff picked up it was two orders for the same person and you have already been refunded one delivery charge. It does take a day or so to show in your account if not already showing

had a missed parcel today......so no idea

I'm sorry you felt we didn't offer a good service but please talk to us about these things, it helps us address them.

I love supporting local and thats why we employee local people to work in our various businesses and I hope you will try supporting us again. We will happily add the hops you won to your next order if you'd like and I hope you understand we cant give free postage on such orders as we have to make a margin to continue to operate. We aren't perfect but we genuinely couldn't try any harder, we want to be number one and will continue to try, constructive feedback always helps

Kind Regards

Jonathan

hope this helps clear things up

Hi Niman,

Jonathan.

I've been well pleased with every order I got and especially the good value I have had from your firm including the order I received yesterday. I don't think on the evidence that the complaints made in this thread were reasonable or even accurately described and such as they were they should have been made in direct contact with yourselves not plastered across a forum of brewers in a way calculated to damage your business. Had JUSTIFIED complaints been raised and a business refused to deal with them then in my view it would be fine to raise them and ask if others had had similar experience. This thread was an abuse of the forum in my view. The complaint was not accurately described and the member made an unreasonable response when the value of the order was called into question. Some people are on occasions very unreasonable. You have my sympathies mate.

This thread is damaging.

It is not accurately described.

The originator objects to terms and conditions set out in your terms of service.

Complains about website sessions expiring as if these were your fault when they are as likely to be a local network difficulty or a fault on his own computer.

As far as I can see the whole issue is entirely groundless.

Tony

I wouldn't want the details of the value of my order put online. Tbh. Even if it were 10 quid.

Only constructive criticism I have of geterbrewed is thaat your not supplied with a parcel force tracking number.

As for the rest of it, move on, either cancel your order, or suck it up and pay the delivery. 4.95 for up to 25kg is pretty good in my eyes.

I wouldn't want the details of the value of my order put online. Tbh. Even if it were 10 quid.

Only constructive criticism I have of geterbrewed is thaat your not supplied with a parcel force tracking number.

As for the rest of it, move on, either cancel your order, or suck it up and pay the delivery. 4.95 for up to 25kg is pretty good in my eyes.

I REALLY liked getting deliveries from DPD because they send a tracking number and an accurate arrival time. This removes the need to have someone hanging about waiting for an undefined time which we now have with Parcelforce. DPD are an exellent, customer focused company; Parcelforce, not so much although the guy who delivered my grain yesterday was cheery enough and offered to carry the grain up to the house when I chanced on him in the street and took the parcel straight off the van.

I REALLY liked getting deliveries from DPD because they send a tracking number and an accurate arrival time. This removes the need to have someone hanging about waiting for an undefined time which we now have with Parcelforce. DPD are an exellent, customer focused company; Parcelforce, not so much although the guy who delivered my grain yesterday was cheery enough and offered to carry the grain up to the house when I chanced on him in the street and took the parcel straight off the van.

What's up with parcel force? I always get a text first thing on the morning of delivery, with option to change place or day of delivery, then another text giving me a one hour slot delivery time.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Guys,

We pay a premium price for parcelforce worldwide due to the level of their service and reputation, we tried others and they have been the best.

If you have a number saved with your customer profile you should be getting text updates about delivery and you should be receiving a tracking reference
I'll ensure this is queries with our parcelforce account manager.

Anyone who hasn't received this service drop me an email and ill investigate

Kind Regards

Jonathan
[email protected]

What's up with parcel force? I always get a text first thing on the morning of delivery, with option to change place or day of delivery, then another text giving me a one hour slot delivery time.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Ah - this may be the issue for me. I try to keep my mobile number to my close associates. I had bad experience in the past with unwanted sales calls after giving it out to a car accident repair company. No suggestion that geterbrewed would do that - its just become a habit of mine since. I'll look into it.

The technical glitch for me is that I have to wait for the text,which can be 12 hours or more after geterbrewed has emailed me to say its been despatched.
I can't then check pacelforce website and check/ammend said delivery because geterbrewed hasn't supplied me with my parcels tracking number.

And I understand this would be a pain in the **** to implement, but I to work in a place that despatches items worldwide through several different couriers.

For us parcelforce isn't one of them.

We do however forward the unique tracking code to the customer.

All constructive by the way. No one is perfect.

Great post Brum. That's the only issue I've come across as well. A minor inconvenience more than anything.

If they start stocking easy kegs and bungs I'll be willing to forgive them :D

I've done a few orders with geterbrewed recently (before I was aware of the discount) and I've been very happy with the service.

They have a great selection of grains & hops so I can usually get everything I need in one place and I love the custom grain kits, no more having to buy large quantity of something when I only need a little bit and it means I don't have to faff about measuring grain on brewday.

Not having waste is a big thing for me. I hate chucking grain away no matter how cheap it is. And sometimes all I need is 20g of a particular hop.

From experience and other comments I have seen around, I do think that the logistics side for the firm is still their weaker area, although it is a very hard part of a business like this to get nailed completely and their rapid push for growth (both market share and range) is probably part of that. That said Parcleforce are a close second to DPD (with none of the other couriers even within sight), they have an huge range of stuff with decent pricing and they seem responsive to issues.
I do use them myself, including a very large value order yesterday. I use a handful of other suppliers, some who seem to have the logistical side totally nailed down and all who have excellent customer service (the home brew industry seems to set the bar very high) but then have a much narrower range our poorer to navigate websites. The competition in the industry is good though for the end customer and hopefully some more constructive criticism will help those companies focus on the areas where they are weaker individually.

I never had a problem with it tbh..

Although once I replied to the Royal mail text (straight away when I got it) asking to deliver the next day (option3) and got an immediate response from them saying I wasn't quick enough :lol: A mate at work had the same problem with that too on something else they ordered.

Guys,

We pay a premium price for parcelforce worldwide due to the level of their service and reputation, we tried others and they have been the best.

If you have a number saved with your customer profile you should be getting text updates about delivery and you should be receiving a tracking reference

I'll ensure this is queries with our parcelforce account manager.

Anyone who hasn't received this service drop me an email and ill investigate

Kind Regards

Jonathan

[email protected]

Complain to your account manager Jonathan, they texted me at 11:38am:

"Your parcel #redacted# from geterbrewed limited will be delivered by Parcelforce between 12:10 and 13:10."

Not really what they are selling you and kind of ruins the usefulness of a one hour window delivery slot.

Also something I find useful with Zooplus (pet supplies), they use Parcleforce for their deliveries but you can pay the extra fifty pence to have DPD deliver it, I pay every time as they just really are that much better (always hit their windows, you can track where the van and what delivery number is taking place and just great overall personnel); I would pay a larger premium if needed.

It didn't make much of a difference to me in the end today but Parcelforce definitely do not consistent deliver the service they appear to be selling you and things like the text message not being sent early in the morning is something that they really should be getting right every time.

Really happy with the goods though [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back