What did father Christmas bring you beer geeks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stigman

Landlord.
Reaction score
My missus and the kids must have actually been listening to my hints for Christmas prezzies.

DSC_0337.jpg

A nice black chest freezer that neatly fits 3 kegs, only one tap though and an ink bird 308. Off to B & Q tomorrow to buy the wood to make the collar. Black would look lovely in the living room.

8958ebbf1281a0cdbdc4d3bd0dd6665d.jpg
a nice wort chiller to finally do biab [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoppy 8 gallon brew pot, inkbird 308, refractometer, bottle tree, kilner sloe gin kit and kilner shot glasses.Guess who's going to have a good brewing session or two 🎅🍺👍

Sent from my ALE-L21

I was done proud this year a pair of superb Waterford crystal beer glasses, a beautiful hand forged cheese knife, a pair of slippers (i love my slips) and a Terrys chocolate Orange. great stuff love them all .

Aint no stopping me now,pressure is on to produce amazing beers now though!

Snap! I got that craft brew book. Quick flick through and it looks a nice book.

I also got one called 'drinking your garden' which has some very interesting and unusual recipes! Some of them a little Ray Mears!

A ChefAlarm thermometer that was recommended in one of my threads too. It looks a very nice piece of kit.

Looking for a home brew supplier in the Lancaster area now for ingredients as I'm here for a few days. Any ideas??

I got a pair of Adidas Superstar trainers, 2 Brewdog Jackhammer branded Spiegelau IPA glasses (I got a set of Spiegelau glasses when I left my old job, one of my cats broke the IPA glass within a week), 4 cans of Punk IPA (because she didn't know what other IPAs I like) and a bag of Percy Pig sweets.

We got a good chunk of cash from our parents and my first idea was a SS Brewmaster Bucket for me, something of a similar value for her and some artwork for the living room (which we've recently done up). I lost and, although we are still going to get some artwork for the living room, my SS money is going towards a new bed!

Amongst the usual stuff my misuse got me a nice wooden beer bottle caddy with my name on it for carrying supplies from the shed. I may just try it out....

Cheers

Clint

The only thing on my list was a grain mill. Is it even a list if it has only one item? Either way, I got it from SWMBO and her family. The 27yo Ben Bracken scotch was a bonus. So now I'm supping on a 12% rioja barrel aged de Molen barley wine and wondering what whole grains to bulk buy.

I love all you married men who give "hints"! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After an indeterminate number of years you will discover that SWMBO becomes hard of hearing ...

... and a few years after that, so deaf that "hints" have to be reinforced with "begging" ...

... and even then there is no guarantee that either will be noticed.

Keep using the "hint" method for as long as it keeps working for you, but in the meantime I suggest that you:

o Start putting away a small amount of money each month for when "the deafness" arrives and you have to rely on your own resources.

o Hide all new stuff so that when it is discovered, you can say "Oh, that! I've had that for ages." without telling a lie.

Happy New Year when it arrives! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Amongst the usual stuff my misuse got me a nice wooden beer bottle caddy with my name on it for carrying supplies from the shed. I may just try it out....

Cheers

Clint

I got one for Fathers Day, but unfortunately it's designed for 330ml bottles so only fits about 3 500ml ones!

Latest posts

Back