brulosophy lager method

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
Current brew is a part mash gh cerveza with 2 x wilko gervin yeast. It's been in the brew fridge at 14°c for 11 days and has dropped from 1052 to 1008. There is a little lid pressure so maybe a little longer to finish off.
I had planned to try the brulosophy lager method...14°c then up to 20 at 50% of fermentation until it finishes then cold crash for 3-5 days. Obviously missed the second stage! Could I still up the temp or am I better off leaving it to finish at 14 then crash it? The sample jar is very clear and tastes like...lager! It really is good!

Cheers

Clint

Last edited:
Hello all
Current brew is a part mash gh cerveza with 2 x wilko gervin yeast. It's been in the brew fridge at 14°c for 11 days and has dropped from 1052 to 1008. There is a little lid pressure so maybe a little longer to finish off.
I had planned to try the brulosophy lager method...14°c then up to 20 at 50% of fermentation until it finishes then cold crash for 3-5 days. Obviously missed the second stage! Could I still up the temp or am I better off leaving it to finish at 14 then crash it? The sample jar is very clear and tastes like...lager! It really is good!

Cheers

Clint

Always worth ramping up at the end for a diacetyl rest :) will help the yeast to clean up

Is a graduated rise recommended or can I just reset the inkbird to 18/20? I've read both methods work but looking for some experienced advice.. Also how long to leave at 20 and how long to crash? Would I be better off transferring to my bottling bucket to crash cool?

Cheers

Clint

Is a graduated rise recommended or can I just reset the inkbird to 18/20? I've read both methods work but looking for some experienced advice.. Also how long to leave at 20 and how long to crash? Would I be better off transferring to my bottling bucket to crash cool?

Cheers

Clint

Most of the flavour compounds are made during the first couple of days (I think I've read the first few hours) so that's where temperature control is most important.
I have a lager that I brewed about 6 weeks ago and I fermented for two weeks at 10 degrees then upped it in stages about 3 degrees each day until it got to about 20. That would be my advice however I'd be inclined to let it naturally ramp up (don't use a heater) as by the sounds of it it's pretty much fermented. I'd give it 2-3 days at 20 and then crash for as long as you can wait to drink it ;) I crashed to 0.5 degrees for 6 or 7 days and that was plenty to drop out any chill haze

Ok nice one. I'll put a couple of degrees on the inkbird every 12 hours...
Right,this is now at 20 and has started bubbling again....one every 3 seconds. ..

Last edited:
Hello all
This is now at 1007 ish. It's been at 20 for 3 days and bubbling has stopped unless I apply a little pressure to the fv lid. Should I transfer to my bottling bucket for cold crashing?

Cheers

Clint

As soon as it hits halfway i ramp it up to 18c for 2 or 3 days then have a taste and check the gravity. If it tastes clean then i crash it for 24hours, add finings then leave for a few days before bottling. After that i carb at room temp throw them in the freezer and drink. Made a few Lagers before trying this method and one was **** and the other took a year to be drinkable. I don't cold condition mine apart from in the winter and does not seem to matter. Drinkable after5 or 6 weeks.

Latest posts

Back