Home Brew Competition - October 17

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never entered a competition before but I like the look of the new format and have a dark mild just about ready so hoping for some constructive feedback. Will pm Hoddy now.

Was going to get this posted out this afternoon but it was raining (lightweight) so stayed in and did some sampling with no2 son who likes dark beers. We decided that my old Peculier clone may be a better entry and as I have the day off should get it in the post tomorrow (weather permitting :-?)

How many entries we looking at @Hoddy?

Two more arrived today. Still time if you tell me you have posted your entry before the end of the month. I think we’re on about 8 maybe 9. Should see maybe 10.

I will post a list of the entrants and their beers after all of the entries have arrived.

Judging will be on Friday the 3rd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two more arrived today. Still time if you tell me you have posted your entry before the end of the month. I think we’re on about 8 maybe 9. Should see an entry from @dan125 at least.

I will post a list of the entrants and their beers after all of the entries have arrived.

Judging will be on Friday the 3rd.

I will take mine to the post office later

Made a American stout from the Greg Hughes book that I thought I would enter but I don't think its that great so not going to bother:cry: Then I bottled a "jet black heart" clone yesterday. The sample tasted good, its flippin young! But as i'm sure ill be drinking it in a week might as well get one off to you.
And thinking about it I have a dark'ish brett saison you might be interested in?

Made a American stout from the Greg Hughes book that I thought I would enter but I don't think its that great so not going to bother:cry: Then I bottled a "jet black heart" clone yesterday. The sample tasted good, its flippin young! But as i'm sure ill be drinking it in a week might as well get one off to you.
And thinking about it I have a dark'ish brett saison you might be interested in?

Oh yeah now your talking!!

Get those beauties in the post!!!

I'll be posting mine either tomorrow or Tuesday depending on work loads.

Will confirm once posted. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Oh yeah now your talking!!

Get those beauties in the post!!!

You'll have to forgive my stupidity but the saison is know where near dark enough for the comp:oops:
So ive posted you the stout for the comp and chucked in the saison to have at your leisure. Its not carbed as high as I would like but its an interesting beer that's for sure:lol:

So unless anyone else has a beer in the post I’m not aware of, that makes entry into the October “Dark Beer” category officially..........CLOSED!!!

I can reveal that we have 12 entries for this prestigious prize of the dark beer category of 2017.

Just look at the entries laid out before your eyes (and spot yours [emoji6])

View attachment IMG_3759.jpg

The entries are :

JCEG316 - drunk monk Dopplebock 8%
Leon103 - Vanilla Porter 6.1%
JFB - Jet Black heart clone 4.9%
Leon103 - Plum Porter 6.1%
IainM - Gales Historical Festival Mild 6%
JCEG316 - Idles of March Milk Choc Stout 5%
AJhutch - Oatmeal Porter 4.5%
Brewers Droop - Mild 4.2%
Honk - Old Perculiar Clone 5.5%
IainM - Russian Imperial Stout 11%
Dr Mick - The Kernel India Export Porter 5.7%
Stigman - Don’t be afraid of the dark Imperial Stout 10.5%

As I said judging is planned for this Friday. And after my hangover has worn off I will post the results back early next week.

If I’m organised and get the electrical connections done I might even be able to do the top 5 on my YouTube channel from the new brewshed.

Anyway good luck everyone.

I’m heartened by how much people have embraced this comp and I cannot wait to test out your beers [emoji4]

Also can the two people that own the two beer boxes in the pictures below PM and let me know who you are and what your address is so I can send you your box (with one of my beers in it) back to you [emoji1303]

View attachment IMG_3760.jpgView attachment IMG_3761.jpg

One was sent on the 20/10 and the other was posted on the 13/10 both on royal snail.

Also can the two people that own the two beer boxes in the pictures below PM and let me know who you are and what your address is so I can send you your box (with one of my beers in it) back to you [emoji1303]

View attachment 10914View attachment 10915

One was sent on the 20/10 and the other was posted on the 13/10 both on royal snail.

I sent using one of those type boxes but not sure if it was either of those in the pictures

Back