Brewday boiler problem!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grapefruitmoon

Reaction score
Hi all, thought I'd do a quick extract brew today, similar to the winter warmer recipe, just a 10L brew. All was going well, had steeped the chocolate malt in my boiler at a steady 70 degrees, then I added the liquid amber malt, and turned the boiler up to boil level. However, it stopped heating, showed no signs of life except the light was on as it should have been. It's a Brupaks boiler, hoping this can be fixed if I test it again this week? Anyway I've split the boil into 2 batches on the hob with a big pot, just done one, with half the bittering and aroma hops and the flavourings. Letting this cool then I'll put it in the fermenter and do the same with the second batch. Is this method okay? Am I likely to screw anything up here?

is it still under warranty you could send it back failing that strip it down see if any wires are off also check fuse etc. Ive just sent a bruheat boiler back to the shop the bottom bowed out like a beer belly after 3 boils. Upgraded to stainless steel soon far better :cheers:

Latest posts

Back