Wheat beer advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

templewater

Reaction score
Morning people.

I am hoping to get some advice. Ive had a hoegaarden clone fermenting for the past 2 weeks. Last night I was going to move it into a secondary but after being at the Belfast Ale fest I was a bit heavy handed lifting it and well really kicked it up with lots of the yeast falling through it. I decided to leave it to this morning and have noticed a massive head reappeared. Now im thinking fermentation has restarted (due to krausen size and increased bubbling). What do you think? Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Im also in a predicament, I was meant to be brewing a SN Celebration Ale today and needed the FV the hoegaarden is in as its my biggest and the celebration is a 6 gallon batch. As im now leaving it another week what do I do with the yeast starter I ve had in th airing cupboard since friday?? Bin it or stick it in the fridge (can this be done)?

aaron

It sounds like moving the fv has indeed roused the yeast and re started fermentation. Leave it to do its thing it'll soon settle down.
As for your yeast starter it'll be fine in the fridge for a week, just bring it out to warm up for a few hours before pitching :thumb:

Cheers ts, thats what I thought.
rather pleased about it as I thought the FG had finished rather high.
I know what to do now if the gravity is a bit high!

aaron

Back