TC My findings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first try at TC was with 5L Tesco value apple juice and champagne yeast - result gorgeous. I used last 1/2 L of juice to prime bottles. Result gorgeous light refreshing 6% Cider fizzy as heck - Lovley quite commercial in oits feel and taste. waaay better than blackthorn - on the downside the yeast clouded easy as hell

#2 20L of Tesco Value Apple with Youngs Cider yeast. Fermented and settled for 10 days. kegged bright and gassed with Co2. Taste completeley different to #1. real background flavour of country cider and a meaty dry aftertaste. Its more like a scrumpy than a blackthorn clone but much thinner than scrumpy still quite drinkable. came out at 5.3 so the cider yeast is much less resistant to alcohol than the champagne

#3 is going to be 20L of the same apple juice. Champgne yeast, Syphon off lees and secondry ferment in a keg. Chill it waaaaay down and slow syphon into cornie through out post. This should give me all the atributes of #1 but kegged bright with top pressure.

Any one see any issues with the plan for #3

Yes. TC scares the living bejesus out of me-stop mentioning it. :nono:

Lol @ MEB

Frisp, GO FOR IT :D i've had two 24L batches of TC using s04 through my cornies and the result was bloody gorgeous and not mind bustingly strong (6%)

I have TC still in my cellar that i brewed 6 months ago. I'd rather have wasps shoved up my **** than drink it. :shock:

Bloody awfull stuff. Kit cider is much, much better and half the price. :cool:

im thinking of brewing a gallon of TC to tide me over until my homemade apple juice ferments properly, would you reccomend it?

Latest posts

Back