Fruit cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My s&l cider is
14 1.5 litres of lidl apple juice
4 bottles 440ml (I think) lowics strawberry syrup
750ml tesco concentrated lime juice
Mangrove jacks cider yeast
Boil the lime and simmer for 10 mins. While it's simmering put the apple juice and lowics in the fv then put lime in fv. Add the yeast and leave for 2 weeks. Batch prime with 120g of sugar. This is quite dry so you might want to back sweeten with splenda or similar.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My s&l cider is
14 1.5 litres of lidl apple juice
4 bottles 440ml (I think) lowics strawberry syrup
750ml tesco concentrated lime juice
Mangrove jacks cider yeast
Boil the lime and simmer for 10 mins. While it's simmering put the apple juice and lowics in the fv then put lime in fv. Add the yeast and leave for 2 weeks. Batch prime with 120g of sugar. This is quite dry so you might want to back sweeten with splenda or similar.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How do you back sweeten please and how much

How do you back sweeten please and how much

Draw off a pint/ 500 ml , add Splenda or your non-fermentable sweetener of choice to it in small increments, stirring it in properly so you get a good idea etc

Now multiply the amount you added by the remaining volume e.g. 22 litres left and you were testing on 500 ml test batch then times it by 44 when you are racking into secondary FV , remember to still add sugar for carbonation and stopping it going flat or worse STALE'

Any more questions just quote this :)

Latest posts

Back