Request - A recipe for a Tring Side Pocket For a Toad/ish brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdeDunn

Reaction score
Just wondering, has anybody on here managed to produce a brew with a flavour similar to Tring - Side Pocket For a Toad? Either all grain, kit or extract. My wife and I both really enjoy a pint of this, and I'd like to have a go at making something similar.

About all I can find is that it's a straw coloured brew, officially a golden ale, with citrus and floral notes from Cascade hops.

Thanks for any ideas. Doesn't need to be an exact clone, just something similar.:thumb:

Well, had no luck finding one. So decided to try to come up with something myself.

Adjusting the Greg Hughes summer ale recipe, switching out the EKG for Cascade and the Progress for Citra. Book reckons it comes out at 3.8% and describes it as light, so sounds pretty close really.

I'll let you all know how it comes out when I brew it up. Heh, at worst it'll be beer right? :lol:

Just spoke to the brewer. Pale base malt, Crystal malt and a touch of wheat malt for head retention. All cascade. Going to have a go this weekend

I don't think I've ever heard of it, @AdeDunn, but it sounds like a session version of Oakham's Bishops Farewell. Recipes for that might give you some pointers towards the other.

My local brewery that I'm a member of, great beer but I would recommend aiming for the 4.5% bottled version compared to the 3.8% cask version.

It is a great beer, very easy to drink. Not actually had any for years now, it's not exactly a local brew and well we're not exactly going to pubs that might have it in as a guest right now (and to be really honest, haven't been going to decent pubs for a few years now, we tend to just go a local carvery if we do go, and their beer is rank. lol).

Sounds like it'll be pretty simple to brew, the hardest part been to match their hop schedule I should think. Let me know how you get on with it @Hacksawanglegrinder please. athumb..

Oh and anybody wondering, yeah I'm still about. Not been brewing since before Christmas particularly as managed to get a decent stock of beers built up, and we don't actually drink much, so we've been slowly working through those. Need to replace one of my FVs before I brew again sadly too (my saurus has sprung more leaks than a welsh field.... End of the day though it was a gen 1 that I'd had for a long time).

Back