Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Wine, Cider & Other Home Brewing Talk > Wine & Cider Brewdays! > 2017 Apple Harvest Cider Thread

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 15-10-2017, 10:18 PM   #11
MattH1973

Liked 52 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 21

ps - another lesson - dont reply on the contents of the boxes of your amazon deliveries. i got quite stressed when opening the box of bottles that had been in the porch for a week, as since I had all my kit out I would have been screwed had anything been wrong with the contents - thankfully 40 bottles and lids all there and I used every last one....

started to save my glass beer bottles for future years......
freester Likes This 
Old 06-11-2017, 09:06 AM   #12
MattH1973

Liked 52 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 21

whilst most of it will mature over winter we sampled a couple of bottles this weekend....

the diluted 25 litre batch (about 5.5%) with no pectolase was alomost fully clear, tasted crisp and fresh, really pleasing.

the less diluted 10 litre batch (6.someting%) with pectolase was completely clear, a little darker and even nicer drink....

in both cases, the single tsp of sugar had provided a nice gentle carbonation, helping with storage and giving the drink a but more zing....

both batches certainly stack up well with craft ciders one can buy, so we are really pleased, but depending on how they mature over winter I think I might use pectolase regularly from this point on......

suspect my forum activity will now ebb away until apple picking time next year, but I will see you from time to time. Thanks to all those who help and advise......
freester Likes This 
Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM   #13
pomme homme

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 4

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by pomme homme; Today at 02:28 PM. Reason: Deleted