Woodfordes Nelsons Revenge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonedog

Reaction score
Hi all, about a year ago I received a basic home brew kit from the Range.Gave it ago with the larger it was ok, but wanted taste so bought my first ale kit Woodfordes Nelsons Revenge.Left it in the fv for 9 days and bottled it with half a teaspoon of sugar in each. Been left for a week in the bedroom,and about to transfer to the garage.Every couple of days I've twisted the bottles,the brew doesn't seem to be clearing or does it take longer?Tonedog Gloucester.

It can take a while to clear. Most seem to work on the 2-2-2 rule i.e. 2 weeks fermenting, 2 weeks priming, 2 weeks conditioning. My beer tends to have a bit longer in the conditioning phase as I usually got a decent stock built up.

I'm not sure that twisting the bottles will help much aside for stirring things up again, I just tend to leave mine alone and by the time I come to drink them the yeast has settled in the bottom of the bottle. Some yeasts do pack down much more readily than others though.

Had a cheeky taste still cloudy but tastes lovely,only primed with half a teaspoon of sugar,probably could of done with a little more!🤔

Id agree with Graz, iv never heard of twisting bottles i would put them to bed in your cool? garage for a couple of weeks. If your using 500ml bottles half tsp should be fine unless you like a gassy brew.

Hi all.
I'm drinking nelsons revenge as I type this. It's been in the bottle 5 weeks today. It's a really nice brew with plenty of body and one I'd definitely do again. I also primed with half teaspoon and there's plenty of life in it.

Dicko

Back