Woodford Wherry ???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fender Precision

Reaction score
Hi Brewers,
Ive just bottled my John Bull IPA and I hate to see my FVs empty! Ive got a wherry kit on stand by and wondering if I should make it as supplied or add something from my stash? Ive got DME, brewing sugar, brown sugar, safale s04 and safale us 05.
Any tips ?? this will be my 4th time to brew a kit.
:cheers:
Mick

You don't need to add anything to the Wherry Kit. Just dissolve the cans in the brew water, ferment the wort for 2 weeks in the primary, batch prime and bottle. Then store for a month and enjoy.

If you want to do something a little more special then use liquid yeast, but im not sure it is worth spending £6 extra on a 100% extract recipe. Just make your Wherry, enjoy it, and then come on to the grey side of partial extract.

I had good results brewing a Wherry with dried elderflowers. You can either make a tea using a cafetiere and this to your brewing liquor or "dry hop" it using a sterilised stocking and something to weigh it down. Either way 15-25g will be plenty.

Definitely recommend using S-04 with a Wherry as well.

Thanks guys, gonna do it as it is with SO4 yeast. What is best for the batch priming? I used coopers drops on my first 2 brews and Im not too impressed. Used 120gms brown sugar for the IPA in 2nd FV. What does the Wherry like ?
Mick

Back