Request for a Mead recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpile1

Reaction score
Hi chaps & chapesses,

Has anyone got a tried and tested mead recipe they'd like to share? I've always wanted to have a crack at some mead but would like a recommendation on a good recipe before I do. Happy to have stuff (like fruits or spices) in it too if that's what you guys have made before.

Thanks in advance,

Darren

Tony,

That's a superb post, I shall definitely give it a go (although on a 1 gallon scale). Thank you very much. :cheers:

Darren

Well I've started the Mead exactly as was written in the original post although I did add a tiny bit of leftover Strawberry juice from another wine which I thought would be nice.

I had to spread the finished product over two demi-johns as I'd make a little too much. This also gave me the opportunity to try a different type of yeast in each. One's got a Wine GP yeast and the other's got a Young's White Bordeaux - we'll see if there's any difference in the final drink.

4.jpg

Thanks for the recipe Tony, it looks brilliant.

Darren

No problem Darren .. glad you could give it a go!

Great idea with the strawberry juice too ... my grandfather's notes refer to him trying different fruits but there's no mention of any results! He even drew out plans for his garden and where stuff was planted!

I like the different yeast approach too! Keep me informed, love to know how it turns out!

:cheers:

I'll pop on a few more photos when I rack the Mead, I guess that'll be in a month - maybe two.

I pitched the yeast this afternoon and it's already bubbling like mad.

Thank you for the recipe Tony. :thumb:

Well the Mead finished a week or so ago and I bottled it all last night.

Photo time!:

1-1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Mead.jpg

It smells and tastes really good. Thanks for the recipe Tony!

:thumb:

Back