25kg malt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snap

Reaction score
hi im looking at buying a 25kg sack of marris otter or tipple malt can anyone recommend any where cheaper the better :drink:

I had a sack from there. Seemed over crushed to me very floury/dusty but it has brewed some fine beer's and for the price I cant complain :thumb:

snail59 said:
I had a sack from there. Seemed over crushed to me very floury/dusty but it has brewed some fine beer's and for the price I cant complain :thumb:
The Baird malt I received from Worcester Hop Shop appeared to be coarsely crushed. Brewed with it yesterday and my mash efficiency was down from my normal 88% using Simpson malt to around 77%. No real problem just need to use a little more malt.

snail59 said:

Im with you on that snail, i use a sack at the moment. It is a bit floury but i have not had a bad brew yet. Certainly no different from the malt i was getting from my local HBS (which was around 5x more expensive),
I will be getting another sack for deffo :thumb:
The £7.49 delivery covers you up to 32kg so theres room to put some hops in there aswell

Latest posts

Back