Beer Engine Cooling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
The set up I have basically means I can only serve one cool beer at a time, as thats all I can get in the fridge, the beer engine that I have has a watercool jacket, am I right in assuming that I can hook something up to that and basically pull beer from a keg at say 18 degrees and cool it down 12 degrees somehow? Or have I misunderstood how that will work? :?:

Buy one of these and connect the BEER IN to the keg and the BEER OUT to Your Beer Engine. There is also a recirculating line that will connect to the water jacket on the beer engine maintaining the temperature You require. You'll also need a check valve and I'd connect an inline JG valve to isolate the keg when not in use.

For £75 get one like mine Wez. It has 2 product lines (beer lines going through a chilled reservoir), and a third water recycling one, which can chill a beer engine water jacket. Effectively that means you can chill 3 beers with it.

I'll edit some photies in ;)

I can see me using my Birthday money for one of these :cool:

Look forward to the pics when I get back from a pint and a curry :D

I've ripped this straight from another post

These are twin product line flash chillers with water recirc, ie, you can draw 2 beers through the unit to chill them, and the water recirc can be used to chill modern chilled fonts.
Alternatively they can be used to cool your fermenting vessels in summer by using the water recirc facility to recirc cold water though your fv in some form of heat exchanger

They are sold as new and most of the parts inside are stamped 06/06 with some 05, they come boxed in original packaging. There are no obvious signs of use and it does appear genuinely as new, there is no dirt/dust anywhere and the casing is mint, though a few stickers appear to have been removed, and there are a couple of repainted scratches on the lid It may have been reconned but there aren't many signs, apart from the price.
They are available at the moment and on a ongoing basis for £60 (pick up only price, Stafford area), or you can arrange a courier to collect for you
I personally think a 2 line chiller for £60 is a bargain, especially in this condition 8)

So the pictures with the lid removed

Outlets (front)

IMG_2005768x512.jpg

Rear

IMG_2006768x512.jpg

Inside

IMG_2007768x512.jpg

Pump which recircs water

IMG_2010768x512.jpg

With lid on

100_3095408x308.jpg

The seller can be contacted via e-bay their user ID, clicky
If you do contact Lauren via E-bay please mention my name, Jean-Pierre, as I said I would put it on the forum for her, thanks.

If you don't have access to E-bay contact me and I will provide you with contact details :wink:

A real low tech way would be to sit your corni in one of those stacker boxes and add some water. Fling in a few of those blue freezer thingies, leave it half an hour and hey presto chilled beer.

It's not a shiny as Vossys toys but it does the trick. If you're feeling really flush you could add a bag of crushed ice to the water and then throw in a handful of salt into the mixture, that'll get the water below zero and cool the beer faster.

What about clearing the beer though? Don't you need to keep it under 14C for a few days to clear it? Any idea how long it would take to clear at 18 - 20C?

Latest posts

Back