Water treatment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanshelton

Landlord.
Reaction score
Got my Salifert kit today so tested my water. Reading the table I get 2.34 x 50= 117 and the other information I got from the Severn Trent water website

What I want to know is does the dosage look correct? I know its down to what info I put into the calculator but are there any glaring problems anyone can see?
6ega2uga.jpg

how long is a piece of string is the kind of answer i'm sorry to say . What was your inputs and what is your goal (style of beer )

Thought that might be the answer. Style of beer I selected was stout. I'll post what I inputted when I'm back on the laptop just wondered if anything was much higher than what is 'normal'

ok so this is the info i have:

Cac03 (as tested with Salifert) 116 mg/l

Magnesium 2.32 mg/l

sodium 22 mg/l

sulphate 57.55

chloride 0.35 mg/l

do these figures sound 'normal'?

Ok just checked the full report and noticed there are a few 'parameters for supply point'. The 10.726 is for bamford wtw then there's little Eaton wtw at 26.425 then homesford wtw 26.163 I have absolutely no idea which one I'd come under??

If you ring up they will pass on to one of the lab people or get them to ring you. They are happy to give all the figures over the phone. They gave me all apart from alkalinity which I'll test using a salifert kit when it arrives.

Back