hops in clear plastic sealed bags

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look OK .......... I don't know if that anything to go by :? Goldings are a yellowish green I think.

I'm unsure how they should smell, taste or look but the kitchen now does smell very nice. I've put roughly 10g of 'hop tea' (done in my wives fav' tea pot of course...) and 10g of dry hop in to each of the three kits I have on the go.

Which besides from making them all taste a bit similar to each other won't be over kill!

Maybe I should have used weighted hop socks... But lets assume for now that they may sink a bit :lol:

Smells of hemp ........ very much like cannabis (so I've heard) :shock: a kinda spicy, pleasant musty aroma :)
chrig said:
Maybe I should have used weighted hop socks... But lets assume for now that they may sink a bit :lol:

They are soooooooooo bouyant. You need a sock with a big pebble in it, about the size of a potato. That's what I used anyway. Sterilised of course.

well I thought I was getting some knowing looks at university with it in my bag... :lol:.

It certainly had that kind of hoppy smell about it, I'll have to try the foil packs next time to make a comparison.

the pack was dated July 2015 so they must have been fine....

I threw them in loose :shock: :hmm:

Latest posts

Back