Amber Country Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serum

Landlord.
Reaction score
This recipe makes quite a complex beer with a hit of malt followed by refreshing dryness and a lovely ruby red colour.

TARGET OG: 1.051
TARGET FG: 1.004
IBU: 23
COLOUR: 29.5 EBC
ABV: 6.2%

MASH: 75 mins @ 65C
4kg Munich type 1
1kg Pilsner
200g Caramunich
90g Carafa 1

BOIL: 90 MINS

50g Brewers Gold @ 60 mins (21 IBU)
20g Saaz @ 20 mins (2 IBU)

YEAST: 1L starter of Thiriez Yeast (very close to French Saison)

You could probably also use a more neutral yeast and it would work well.

Ah I see, not heard of the beer. I don't drink or make those kind of beers, I must try some.

If you ever go on holiday to France it's worth looking into their brewing, there are some excellent beers there but they rarely make it over here

Not been to france in decades. But I will, and I check out beer wherever I go. Cheers. :thumb:

If you get the chance, Farmhouse Ales is a great book to read to learn about them. Also chock full of info about authentic saisons. Probably my favourite brewing book.

If you get the chance, Farmhouse Ales is a great book to read to learn about them. Also chock full of info about authentic saisons. Probably my favourite brewing book.

You couldn't post the ISBN could you?! It's now on my wanted list....

It's a cracking read. If you want to get the beers in it I can point you both in the direction of some online stores that sell them

It's a cracking read. If you want to get the beers in it I can point you both in the direction of some online stores that sell them

That would be grand, thank you. Been to France plenty of times, can't ever recall trying local beers, just the wine. Next time over I shall definitely be on the lookout.

I'm going to do something similar to this, add some Aromatic I think. I believe Wyeast French Saison is the Thiriez strain so hopefully it'll turn out tasty

Latest posts

Back