Rumble in the calais jungle...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlon

Reaction score
Just got back from a bottle run to Calais. Bit of a problem driving back to the ferry port, frustrated migrants - en masse - decided to cut through the security fence in several places and sling rocks at the police and their vehicles and anyone else nearby. That caused us to stop in the traffic que and sit there like sitting ducks while the police and army sorted them out. Hadn't expected that, all I wanted was a few beers - and wine for Mrs. M of course... We were lucky, they missed us and most importantly, the beer and wine got home safely. My advice - if anyone's going over soon, make sure you're well insured. :-(

Bloody hell, that doesn't sound good. I was over a couple of weeks ago and fortunately didn't have any issues. Been through a few times having to avoid characters walking down the side of the road but nothing much worse than that.

Good to hear you and the beer made it away unscathed.

Bloody hell, that doesn't sound good. I was over a couple of weeks ago and fortunately didn't have any issues. Been through a few times having to avoid characters walking down the side of the road but nothing much worse than that.

Good to hear you and the beer made it away unscathed.

Yeah, thanks! I was worried about Mrs. M of course, and her Pino Greigo. And really, really, worried about OUR kegs of beer - naturally - but we all made it back unscathed. Didn't need to test the car's insurance policy, but it was a bit scary there for a time until the authorities got a grip on things.

Back