Victors Drink Pale Ale 10 Pint.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is probably the last place you would search for home brew, I wonder how much they sell.

"Not from a home brew kit. Not from a can. From you."

I did have a chuckle to this. if anything its before the first two, and not even close to the last expression which in most brewers philosophy is AG.

still, onwards and upwards I guess

"Not from a home brew kit. Not from a can. From you."

I did have a chuckle to this. if anything its before the first two, and not even close to the last expression which in most brewers philosophy is AG.

still, onwards and upwards I guess
Not from a kit... Just add water! :lol:

Have you seen how cloudy it looks in the second picture?

Not from a kit... Just add water! :lol:

Have you seen how cloudy it looks in the second picture?

yea a mate at work did the cider one and said it tasted vile. and this was someone who had started with a kit, shame I thought he was on the right path

There was a guy on here recently who bought the cider kit on a Monday for a barbecue on Saturday. His user name was not Solomon Grundy, but it might as well have been. Quite a few people told him it would not end well, but he ignored them, because he had instructions.

My lad got me a dark ale at xmas( he really had no idea of what he was buying) in Tesco.
I took no notice of brewing it in the box in 48 hours and i emptied the lot into a FV, added my own yeast,not the damn great packet they provided and fermented it as usual and bottled .
Result, nasty stuff, gave me headaches and it got tossed away.
Don't go there:twisted:

This was the very first kit that I tried. I'll be honest it was pretty vile but equally the yeast was out of date.
I tried their cider one after, which was better, nothing special but palatable.

Although not high in quality, they both got me interested in home brewing which at its core is more valuable.
Thanks to them I will be doing my first true kit beer (Woodford Wherry) this weekend, with the aim of going BIAB! :)

This was the very first kit that I tried. I'll be honest it was pretty vile but equally the yeast was out of date.
I tried their cider one after, which was better, nothing special but palatable.

Although not high in quality, they both got me interested in home brewing which at its core is more valuable.
Thanks to them I will be doing my first true kit beer (Woodford Wherry) this weekend, with the aim of going BIAB! :)

Wherry is a nice beer but will take 3 months to be so. Whilst waiting on it, a BIAB brew sounds good to me. Check out the HBC equipment pack of Boiler, Bag and Chiller - that got me firmly down the AG road. A large (up to 15L) pot is invaluable for all brewing purposes. Best thing I ever bought.

I did the berry cider version, it says it's cloudy and 4 days latter yes a nice fruit drink, as to if it has alcohol in it not a clue, but a pleasant drink. As time went by it did clear, and it was a still drink as it states on the box, it got drier and drier as time progressed, it clearly was not finished in the 4 days I gave it. As time went on found better mixed with some pop, but I have never been a great cider lover. Still cider is OK but I like to see a little head on my beer. Can't really complain however it does what it says on the box.

I had one of their Victors Drinks Pale Ale kits, did exactly what it said in instructions, and 48 hours later I had 10 pints of flat, cloudy, fluid that tasted just like a bad pint I would send back in a pub. So I recommend AVOID... I have made plenty of kit beers with great success, so I have bottled the nasty stuff and will see what happens. I think the problem is that it is just not possible to make beer in 48 hours, why would you want to anyway? BTW it was a gift, so that is the answer to; why did you buy it? I put the same comments on their webpage "review", oddly it has not appeared in the review box!

Back