Can anyone reccomend a good bench capper

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budgie

Regular.
Reaction score
My Wilko crown capper has reached the end of its (not particularly hard) life. It only seems to cap one side properly and you have to turn the bottle round to seal the other side which is a pita. I've also smashed at least 2 bottles from the last 3 batches so I'm fed up with it.

I've decided to go for a bench capper. I've been looking at a few and I know you only yet what you pay for so if anyone has any advice on what's good and what to avoid that'd be great.

Unfortunately I don't have the budget for a Corona but I'd like something at least half decent.

Cheers.

Hi!
This is mine: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E9AJWU6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
I've used it on three brews; no complaints! It needs to be screwed onto a work surface for stability.
I visit Co. Durham regularly (my mother lives near Sedgefield). Where are you in Durham? I could bring it up for you to try out, if you fancy a go before you buy.
Drop me a PM.
Colin

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001V28KRG/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 It also comes with the 29mm bell for bottles like hoegaarden. I'm may be exactly the same as the one bigcol linked. It's superb. I've never bothered to screw it onto a work surface. I just put it on a chopping board so it doesnt mark the kitchen work surface

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't bother messing about go to The Malt Miller and buy the big green one, it costs a little more but it works so well and it does both sizes of crown caps. Not that I've ever seen any of the bigger size :)

aamcle

After quite a bit of research and reading lots of reviews and user feedback comments, I opted for this bench top capper - Brewferm TT Capper. Slightly more expensive than the Colt Capper...but only just at The Homebrewcompany, and with 5% forum discount. Capped just a handful of bottles so far and very happy with its performance although clearly early days. Impressed, too, with it's 3 year warranty.

Thanks guys, some good food for thought there.

@BigCol49 that's a very kind offer. I might just drop you a PM:thumb:

Back