right heres the problem

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godsdog

Landlord.
Reaction score
I like occasionally to dry hop in the cornie keg with a tea ball so last week I had everything prepared with the hop tea and the hops in a tea ball attatched to some dental floss.upon lowering it into the keg it opens itself and all the hop pellets are free in the keg,fast forward a week and I think I will put my QD faucet on the keg and see if theres any problems and yep you've guessed it the bloody hops are blocking the beer out dip tube ,now what to do about it,im thinking wait until I have a keg empty and syphon it out with some muslin cloth at the end but I suppose that will just clogg too,i cant just tip it out the cornie as its probably gonna get contaminated that way,any ideas?

I can't see why you can't wait for them to drop then syphon it off with a muslin around the sediment trap.

Get hold of these on Express Delivery ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M74BJW3/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

1. Drill out the inlet so that the syphon tube can be pushed into the filter until it is 2mm off the bottom.

2. Syphon off the brew until the filter clogs.

3. Let the brew back-flow a little to remove the hops from the filter.

4. Re-start the syphoning.

5. Repeat 2. to 4. above until keg empty.

6. Find a more secure method of cold hopping in a Cornie Keg.

Enjoy! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
problem solved now, I purchased an extendable syphon,itll come in useful though again if I have two brews on the go with the spare fv narrow neck fermenter as well as the conicle

Latest posts

Back