Harris Cabernet Sauvignon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobsbeer

Reaction score
th_HarrisCabSav.jpg

Started this 30 bottle kit from shop4homebrew on 18 November 2011

OG: 1.070
FG: .992

The kit contains:
5.5 lt of concentrated grape juice in a sturdy plastic container rather than the often seen plastic bag. It also has a packet of yeast and nutrient combined. A packet of stabiliser and a two part Finning sachet.
The kit states that it makes 22.5 lts of wine. I made this up to the required volume and tested the SG which was 1.070, which seemed fairly consistent with most kits. The temp was 14 C; I pitched the yeast at this temp and was surprised that within a couple of hours it started to ferment. The packet of yeast doesn’t indicate the strain, but obviously works.

This finished fermenting at .992 and was racked and stopped on 4/12/11 and left to clear. I racked it again on 7/1/12 and it is now bulk maturing. The colour was a nice deep red and it tasted nice. This should be a nice fruity dry red once it has matured for a couple of months. Well worth a try. Recommended Were I to do this again I would drop the volume to 20lt to give a bit more ABV and body, but for the price a nice red.
Current price is £31.95 and worth it.

Back