What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
<>
Must say, I feared the worst, as the samples had all been "twangy" - everyone knows what that is, plus a carbonic acid taste into the bargain.

Funny thing is, it does taste like beer. Not great beer, nor even good beer, but beer nonetheless. Twangy-ness faded significantly and blending well the faint taste of carbonic acid.

So, I made it and I'm drinkin' it. :whistle:

Did you coincidently boil the extract for the whole of the hop boil time?

Did you coincidently boil the extract for the whole of the hop boil time?

No, I used the hopped extract for the bittering and did no boiling at all. The AG wort was a total left-over. The hops were a dry hop of pelletised Pekko.

It's OK and does the job watching the rugby, but it just is not particularly memorable. As it warms from cold garage to warm box room temps, it does get less good, it must be said.

Just trying my first Cryo hop beer

It was Eukanot, never done anything like it before so it was pure experiment

Its only been 9 days in teh bottle so perhaps a little impatient but I wanted to get a falvour of what it would be like

Promising anyway its very tropical fruity zesty piney if all that makes sense..

Of course the Cryo hops are not cheap but only 50 grams went into this and it packs a decent punch to it

Marsh Mellow from my local Romney Marsh Brewery. A little bland if I'm honest and only 3.6%. Brewery tasting notes are...

"Our palest ale uses a proprietary blend of Kentish and American hops. Light, sessionable, with a hint of fruit and coconut."

is 'sessionable' even a word? I can't get the coconut. Probably won't buy again.

Duchess de Bourgogne I love this beer, a classic flemish red. sour cherries, balsamic vinegar, sweet and sour all going on together but so well balanced.
I think this will be a real marmite beer (I hate marmite by the way)

I’ve had another 2 of the beers from my Beerwulf order tonight - Grimbergen Dubbel and Grimbergen Tripel.

I’ve never had either a Dubbel or a tripel before (I only ever have Belgian blondes). The tripel was just like a strong blonde, enjoyed it a lot but the Dubbel - Wow! It was the best Belgian beer I’ve had. I need to try more of these (I have one other Beerwulf Dubbel still to drink) and brew one. Happy to take some recommendations for my next BW order!

Duchess de Bourgogne I love this beer, a classic flemish red. sour cherries, balsamic vinegar, sweet and sour all going on together but so well balanced.
I think this will be a real marmite beer (I hate marmite by the way)

I always pick up a few when in flanders :thumb:

Thornbridge serpent. Another big sharer (with myself) Aroma is funky brett, sour crab apples. some lemon. Taste has that bretty barnyard funk. Not to sour. Bloody lovely I'm glad nobody is sharing.

Found this in Lidl for £2.49 per 75cl bottle and thought I'd give it a go; just cracked it open as a Sunday Sipper. A little sweet for my taste but otherwise very pleasant. Basically what I imagine Farmhouse pale ale to be like. Not amazing, but by no means a bad buy.

P.S. The picture is a little dark, it's a typical blonde colour. Straw/pale gold.

20180107_201720.jpg

Found this in Lidl for £2.49 per 75cl bottle and thought I'd give it a go; just cracked it open as a Sunday Sipper. A little sweet for my taste but otherwise very pleasant. Basically what I imagine Farmhouse pale ale to be like. Not amazing, but by no means a bad buy.

P.S. The picture is a little dark, it's a typical blonde colour. Straw/pale gold.

20180107_201720.jpg
Interesting. I’ve been enjoying Belgian beers recently, and could quite fancy trying things like Bier De Garde so I might pop over to Lidl one day this week.

It's quite pleasant, fruity and refreshing. I found it surprisingly sweet at first, but I soon got used to it and started to appreciate the flavours. At the price its definitely worth a go. 7%, though, so it's a sipper.

This is my first go at the style as well.

Finished the mini keg of John Bull citra IPA so enjoying a chimenay red label, really starting to enjoy beers from Belgium ������������

I’ve had another 2 of the beers from my Beerwulf order tonight - Grimbergen Dubbel and Grimbergen Tripel.

I’ve never had either a Dubbel or a tripel before (I only ever have Belgian blondes). The tripel was just like a strong blonde, enjoyed it a lot but the Dubbel - Wow! It was the best Belgian beer I’ve had. I need to try more of these (I have one other Beerwulf Dubbel still to drink) and brew one. Happy to take some recommendations for my next BW order!

My beer will order has been a real eye opener. Defiantly worth ordering currently enjoying a rochefort number 8

My beer will order has been a real eye opener. Defiantly worth ordering currently enjoying a rochefort number 8

Yeah Beerwulf is great. I just started with the cheapest and added 1 bottles of anything I’d never had until I’d achieved free postage - I ended up with 12 bottles for less than £15 delivered! I have 2 left now, my favourite so far has been the Grimbergen Dubbel and I think I have been converted to Belgian browns. I’d tended to stick to blondes before.

The rochefort 8 is really nice, better that the chimay red prior but both very enjoyable.
Must admit did something the same, buy the cheapest and go from there.

Have a few left but I also get a case from beer52 each month so been struggling to get through them as try to enjoy them rather that just tip the over my neck.

Thornbridge serpent. Another big sharer (with myself) Aroma is funky brett, sour crab apples. some lemon. Taste has that bretty barnyard funk. Not to sour. Bloody lovely I'm glad nobody is sharing.
I had one of those a few months back, one of the most unusual beers I've ever had but rather delicious.

The rochefort 8 is really nice, better that the chimay red prior but both very enjoyable.
Must admit did something the same, buy the cheapest and go from there.

Have a few left but I also get a case from beer52 each month so been struggling to get through them as try to enjoy them rather that just tip the over my neck.

Mmm, Rochefort 8 is one of my all time favourites, I could drink it all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back