One for the Scots.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wales is too small to go it alone
I always thought this when I lived & worked in Wales. Not quite so sure now (although I'm no economist!! :lol:)
But Wales has almost 10 times the population of Iceland. Perhaps it could work! (Don't query fisheries - bit of a myth here as its only about 6% of the Icelandic GDP)

We live on a lump of rock that happens to be higher than the surrounding sea levels. At one time the Sea was lower and this land was part of what is called europe.

ALL borders/fences/boundaries etc have been built by Man. Borders cause war. War cost money and lives.

Less borders = less war = more money = less tax = happier people.

Its ONE island. get over it. Live in peace man, make beer not war...hic...burp...pardon

It may be one island but happens to have 3 countries inhabiting it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It may be one island but happens to have 3 countries inhabiting it.

Hmm at least four countries, you forgot n.Ireland and also possible cornwall making it five wants to break from ingerland. Also Isle of man independant and Channel isles (never part of eu nor isle of man).

Wales wouldn't vote independance 10% support it, unfortunately only 20% vote lol.

On the island there's only Scotland, Wales and England.
Northern Ireland is part of the island of Ireland.

On the island there's only Scotland, Wales and England.
Northern Ireland is part of the island of Ireland.

And Cornwall - they are fighting for their own assembly, was previously a country before being taken over by the English. Have their own language to.

Can't count just the mainland landmass as uk, so no shetland, orkney and western isles etc, no anglesy, isle of white and Northern Ireland is part of uk as much as any of the others. All the countries have seperate islands that are part of each of the four countries and scilly isles part of cornwall.

The point being made.was "on this island"

I always thought this when I lived & worked in Wales. Not quite so sure now (although I'm no economist!! :lol:)
But Wales has almost 10 times the population of Iceland. Perhaps it could work! (Don't query fisheries - bit of a myth here as its only about 6% of the Icelandic GDP)

They would need to replace the dysfunctional idiocracy that laughably calls itself The Welsh Government first.

Reactions: Tau
They would need to replace the dysfunctional idiocracy that laughably calls itself The Welsh Government first.
Well, living in Scotland now I have no real right to comment on this.
But, when I worked in Wales on sea fisheries management, I'd have no reason to disagree with your assessment!!

Hmm at least four countries, you forgot n.Ireland and also possible cornwall making it five wants to break from ingerland. Also Isle of man independant and Channel isles (never part of eu nor isle of man).

Wales wouldn't vote independance 10% support it, unfortunately only 20% vote lol.

How do you know he forgot N. Ireland? Wales is a principality of England ;)

What with Welsh and Scottish independence does this mean i can register my garden as an independent country?

I would have strict border controls like a bolt on the gate and nobody could enter my garden without a Visa.

I could run my own taxation system, put import duty on everything and trade with surrounding countries/neighbours and i could claim sovereignty and be my own King.

Where do i apply for this so-called Independence?

What with Welsh and Scottish independence does this mean i can register my garden as an independent country?

I would have strict border controls like a bolt on the gate and nobody could enter my garden without a Visa.

I could run my own taxation system, put import duty on everything and trade with surrounding countries/neighbours and i could claim sovereignty and be my own King.

Where do i apply for this so-called Independence?

Just watch Passport to Pimlico for the required info.

Back