10,000 tents.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Some people have way to much money, the guy in the video recons there was around 10,000 tents left behind and lots of camping gear, its going to the homeless so at least its not wasted.

sssssssssssss.jpg

Abandoned Leeds Festival camping gear given to homeless
2 September 2016 Last updated at 08:06 BST
Tents and sleeping bags left behind at the Leeds Festival are being given to the city's homeless.
A charity has been collecting the thousands of items abandoned following the music festival.
More than 75,000 people attended the three-day event at Bramham Park.

BBC News. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-37254085

Tents and sleeping bags left behind at the Leeds Festival are being given to the city's homeless

This is every year so and people leave there tents behind on purpose ;)

It's almost on every European festival the same. some support homeless people, other help refugees or people in disaster areas. I left my first tent behind in 2004

Thanks for explaining GermLish i thought it was lazy people with too much money. :lol:

Yeah, on the other hand, you won't go there with the best tent.
Thieves cut them open, people pee on them and so on.

I've been to many festivals over the years and have decided that those who take tents are just a little bit feral.

I always went with friends and one friends dad in particular with a 350k motor home. Satellite TV, shower double beds... made getting laid very easy indeed...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I always went with friends and one friends dad in particular with a 350k motor home. Satellite TV, shower double beds... made getting laid very easy indeed...

Tent, when I was younger, motor home was the next step, meanwhile I fly there by helicopter and rent a house on the festival area.

Sometimes I throw my empty Champagne bottles at those motor home suckers :whistle:

You may mock but I never smelled like a sheep's backside when I woke up on the 3rd day...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They're actually marketed as pop up festival tents, cost about 15 quid on eBay and as said above they're made and sold with the intention of getting left behind. Most festivals they're so covered in muck you wouldn't be bothered cleaning them anyway.

I bet even the charities throw loads away because even bleach wouldn't clean one of those properly.

Some people have way to much money, the guy in the video recons there was around 10,000 tents left behind and lots of camping gear, its going to the homeless so at least its not wasted.

sssssssssssss.jpg

Abandoned Leeds Festival camping gear given to homeless
2 September 2016 Last updated at 08:06 BST
Tents and sleeping bags left behind at the Leeds Festival are being given to the city's homeless.
A charity has been collecting the thousands of items abandoned following the music festival.
More than 75,000 people attended the three-day event at Bramham Park.

BBC News. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-37254085

The tents will now become the "Social Housing" that the government have been promising for so long. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Assesses I would have been in heaven if I had my pick of equipment....

Mates of mine in Ireland used to sign up as clean up crew for music festivals and used to come out with cool stuff...

Back