Great British Bake Off

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that bake off is going over to commercial we should pitch an idea to the BBC
Great British brew off 🍺🍺🍺🍺

"I wouldn't say its a complete waste of viewing as it keeps my misses amused whilst I do the beer thing"

I cannot remember when I started to watch it, SWMBO used to watch it on her own and for some reason I watched one (probably because they were making a cake I like) and thought it was good then watched the next one and so on.

Sounds good. Might take a lot longer to film though.

You could have someone slaving over a step mash for hours, another contestant twiddles his thumbs for 5 hours..

GENTS you have 30 mins remaining.

Opens can pours into FV chucks DME in water stirs..

Mind you there would only likely be one winner :lol:

You could do a british brew off where they have to brew a style every week and they try one from the earlier rounds after it..

Mind you, whilst it is a growing hobby, we are still quite niché and I think a lot of people still hold a stigma to anything homebrewed (until they try some)

I dont watch this programme but I read the newspapers, usually daily and often more than one different paper. What amazes me is the sheer amount of column inches given over to what is essentially a contract wrangle

I think it's a load of tripe...

Cheers

Clint

I imagine there are a lot of people who think the same I doubt i am in a minority when i say i couldn't understand the hype about top gear and Clarkson as that show had been going downhill in my view for years, the thread was aimed at people who do like it and i was after their views

I wouldn't say its a complete waste of viewing as it keeps my misses amused whilst I do the beer thing.
shame they can't do a beer making program with a similar theme with those hairy bikers blokes
a grain father for the winner a pack of fosters each for the losers

The pack of Fosters is a bit harsh. :shock:

It's a strange one for me as generally if there's cooking on I'll watch it. I love cooking and have loads of books especially from the telly lot...Oliver, Floyd, Rhodes, Delia and the Bikers. I do all my curries from scratch and will try anything..pies,puds,breads etc. I think it's rubbish presenters...

Cheers

Clint

Latest posts

Back