Beer kits to brew in 2017

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willycoolj

Regular.
Reaction score
Can't wait to start doing these kits in new year
88e20f942d571616d3f9624280501e75.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I currently have admirals revenge fermenting, Scottish export Fermenting and also a woodfordes sundew Fermenting, they should be due to bottle in another 3 weeks.

The beer I will be brewing in 2017 will be
all the woodfordes kits and I am going to see if I can get round to doing all the st peters as well, finishing off with the stouts and porters towards the end of the year in time for next xmas.

I hope this helps

Big d 2657

Hi all,

I currently have admirals revenge fermenting, Scottish export Fermenting and also a woodfordes sundew Fermenting, they should be due to bottle in another 3 weeks.

The beer I will be brewing in 2017 will be
all the woodfordes kits and I am going to see if I can get round to doing all the st peters as well, finishing off with the stouts and porters towards the end of the year in time for next xmas.

I hope this helps

Big d 2657

I have just bottled the sundew with 25g dry hopped falconers flight, very nice after two weeks in bottle

I still have a Wherry and a Nelsons Revenge kit bought at silly prices a few months ago and these should keep my 2 barrels ticking over for a while.

Planned for brewing for bottles in coming weeks -
- Cwtch ... this sounds interesting so I want to try it!
- Festival Summer Glory ... love the elderflower taste in this. It's a super summer ale!
- Festival Old Suffolk ... just because it's lovely beer!
- Coopers wheat beer with 2kg raspberries added ... did this last year and it proved an excellent thirst quencher straight from the fridge during the heat of the summer. Also took a mini-keg camping one weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it!
- Various ciders for my lady ... and I've just seen that Festival have started cider kits and she loves the various Wobblygob ciders too as well as my turbo ciders!

Currently have a barrel of Wherry with extra Goldings and Fuggles which I'm enjoying a lot, a barrel of Woodfordes Nog which is conditioning and a few bottles of Admirals reserve and Pride of London Porter still to be finished. It's a hard life :drunk:

I still have a Wherry and a Nelsons Revenge kit bought at silly prices a few months ago and these should keep my 2 barrels ticking over for a while.

Planned for brewing for bottles in coming weeks -
- Cwtch ... this sounds interesting so I want to try it!
- Festival Summer Glory ... love the elderflower taste in this. It's a super summer ale!
- Festival Old Suffolk ... just because it's lovely beer!
- Coopers wheat beer with 2kg raspberries added ... did this last year and it proved an excellent thirst quencher straight from the fridge during the heat of the summer. Also took a mini-keg camping one weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it!
- Various ciders for my lady ... and I've just seen that Festival have started cider kits and she loves the various Wobblygob ciders too as well as my turbo ciders!

Currently have a barrel of Wherry with extra Goldings and Fuggles which I'm enjoying a lot, a barrel of Woodfordes Nog which is conditioning and a few bottles of Admirals reserve and Pride of London Porter still to be finished. It's a hard life :drunk:

Yeah the cwtch has good reviews, will try that one

Planning a sour, a barleywine, a double, and a whole fridge full of esb and bitters.
Not kits though.

I've got a festival pale ale and a couple of single can kits to pimp. Definitely another Youngs AIPA and another of theirs to try maybe the ipa or the saison. I'm definitely going to try some simple biab too.
Got my garage back so some diy brewing projects coming up. ..

Cheers

Clint

tom caxton was my first kit, although I hopped it up, brewed short and used dme :-) instead of sugar. That was just over 2 years ago and now look where it's got me :whistle:

I'm looking forward to doing the tom Caxton kit, there's been some good reviews about it

My neighbour bless her she's in her eighties, she knows I brew and bought me a kit, I'm guessing she had some advice from somewhere as its a Festival NZ Pils. I've only ever done two kits when I got back into homebrewing and moved onto AG so I think I'll be looking into best ways to pimp it up a little, mind you I might just do it as is and see what the kits are like 'naked'. It'll be a good reference point and shouldn't take too long to knock up.

I have St Peter's Ruby Red waiting to kick off and then definitely want to try a couple of the Festival kits - Razorback IPA and Golden Stag. May also give Cwtch a go - if only as it will keep the wife onside (she's Welsh).

I have St Peter's Ruby Red waiting to kick off and then definitely want to try a couple of the Festival kits - Razorback IPA and Golden Stag. May also give Cwtch a go - if only as it will keep the wife onside (she's Welsh).

Everyone who makes the Cwtch says it's is a brilliant kit

Everyone who makes the Cwtch says it's is a brilliant kit

Just brewed my 3rd Cwtch today but modified it into a black IPA with a cold carafe 3 steep and chinook to ramp up the bitterness. Awesome kit

I had a bruphoria Davey crockets hop rocket off Santa, its a 2 can kit plus a kilo of dextrose, with hop oil and some hop tea bags to add. Looking forward to getting it on ready for some summer bbq ipa supping.

Also just picked up a mangrove jacks craft series ipa, its a 2.2kg pouch. Bought this to use up some bits n bobs of fermentables n hops i have kicking round.

Standout kit for 2016 was probably the Youngs American Mocha Porter, closely followed by Bulldogs Bad Cat Imperial Red - both are likely to get done again this year. Surprised by how well Coopers Ginger Beer & Youngs brew buddy Pear cider turned out, all be it with a bit of tweaking so keeping an eye open for those to come up in the sale somewhere this year.

Ive got a bit of a surplus of odds & sods to finish up before I start anything new, from memory Youngs harvest mild, Youngs harvest bitter, Youngs harvest larger, half a Woodfordes Wherry kit + a Geordie Winter Warmer, so Im tempted to mix the whole lot up into two 20l batches & see what happens.. apart from the Winter Warmer which is probably going in the bin !

Brain dead. ..please elaborate. ..

Cheers

Clint
Ok here goes
First time I mashed the Carafa 3 Special but it came out a lil too Stouty. Also I like a black IPA to have a lil more bitterness so I opted for chinook.
So this time I cold steeped 80 Grams of Carafa in 1 litre of water for 24 hrs then filtered.
I then boiled this and added it to the columbus and citra hops as the instructions state. But also added 25 G of chinook.

Bit worried though as I pitched the yeast at around 18 degrees. Dam winter.

I will add another 25G of chinook when I add the rest of the hops in a week or so.

Don`t get me wrong my first attempt was really nice and folks loved it, but thought Id tweak it a lil, trust me its nice and black too

I have just bought St. Peter's Ruby red, cwtch, festivals razorback, woodfordes sundew and youngs new world saison. Looks like we have similar tastes, funny I was a lager lout about 6 months ago.

Plenty of brewing to be cracking on with :lol:

Back