Pimpin' my Fermentation Cupboard

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasn't gone into double figures since I had the washing machine on on Sunday. Minimum 7 degree cooling constantly, average temp about 9C; I'm counting this as a win. I'll cook up a lager and have a go at fermenting that at the weekend I think. Been brewing at 12C in the garage using saflager 23 for the last month or so using a heat belt to keep temps up. Now I can save myself the trek into the dark and cold and avoid the spiders and just brew in my nice warm kitchen instead. Can still use the garage for the actual lagering. Nice.

Great news it's working well Nigel, I've got to say I'm surprised to say the least, but congratulations on persevering and getting the result you wanted

It's almost too easy now. 20L of lager rock steady at 12C for 48 hours, through two washing machine cycles and all the usual kitchen faff. With my inkbird controlling the fans it's only actively cooling for a part of each hour. I got home from work after 24 hours untouched and there's still masses of ice so all that insulation looks like paying off, I reckon I'll get away with changing the ice at most every two days, maybe longer.

A week's gone by and no issues. Ice lasts about 2 1/2 days so I've been changing it after work every 48hrs or so. Only exception was when the washing machine was on for most of a day, I had to make a 24hr change then.

The spiders seem to be doing ok, no mass house invasions or anything yet. If they start leaving the garage and coming across to me I'll most likely put up a wall, or maybe just turn them round at customs. Of course I'll have to build some customs first, but that's ok, still got some polystyrene left.

the spiders seem to be doing ok, no mass house invasions or anything yet. If they start leaving the garage and coming across to me i'll most likely put up a wall, or maybe just turn them round at customs. Of course i'll have to build some customs first, but that's ok, still got some polystyrene left.

spider racist!!!!!

Back