Is Homewinemaking.co.uk down?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean_Mc

Regular.
Reaction score
Can't log in or read any post, can just see the home page, then get a verbose error and get redirected to 'Opps page broken'

Thanks MD, think there's more to it lots of old members now listed as ex members :shock:

Looks like something's seriously screwed up, I can open the various subject headers but that's about it.

It seems I am an ‘ex member’ too, as is Forum Administrator, so I hope he can still get in to sort out the mess.

If you go to User CP and select membership, it appears as if the details have gone for virtually all the members.

:lol: I'm banned too.

Hope FA gets it sorted without much hassle

Can't get to User CP David as I can't login, I get user does not exist, but if I re register, I get user name is already in use :wha:

Even if re-registering with a new name you can't login.

The only way to view posts is to use Search for something in the title (or you know is amongst the posts) and that brings up the whole thread, so the posts are probably OK and it's something to do with the file with members details in.

corby_brewer said:
im showing as a ex-member as well.
Well that's no surprise as you got banned :nono:

Or do you mean your new identity?

At the bottom of the page it says “We have registered members” (blank)
“Newest member is” (blank)

And at the top of my page it says “Good afternoon” (blank), “You have 6 messages and no new messages”

So it recognises my automatic log-in but doesn't know who I am :wha:

Moley said:

And at the top of my page it says “Good afternoon” (blank), “You have 6 messages and no new messages”

I just noticed that missing members bit, which reinforces my opinion that it's a membership file problem.

Wurzel, Richard, Tom, Bill and Davie have hacked in and been messing about again ;)

Looks like someone has been in messing in the back end database . . . which is a sure way of really messing things up if you don't know what you are doing, (My day job is knowing what to do when users do this :lol:) . . . Looks as though they will have to restore a backup of the DB, and either overwrite the forum DB completely (Crude Hack) or Restore it to another DB and then copy the User data from the new DB to the old one. . . . That is assuming that the host allows this sort of thing.

One thing I do know it's an SEP :lol:

Moley said:

Did the same for me Moley. I loged out and cant log back in.

There was a post yesterday or could have been this morning with no views and five replies. Clicking onto it resulted in the post not existing :wha: .

Could it be anything to do with that :hmm:

I couldn't get beyond the main board, and now I can't even get that, just this message:

forum.jpg

However, if there was something specific that you wanted like a recipe, competition date, previous answer to a particular problem, etc., you can get into (read only) all the boards/post using these links:

General News

General Wine and Beer Making

Wine & Beer Making Problems

Wine & Beer Recipes

Beermakers Forum

Competitions & Events

Non Beer & Wine

Thanks for the links David :thumb: , I usually double check my country wine recipes against the board before I start one.

Sean_Mc said:
Wurzel, Richard, Tom, Bill and Davie have hacked in and been messing about again ;)
Sorry.......we got pizzed and spilt a bottle of WOW into the server :oops:

:lol:

Latest posts

Back