Been a while

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damfoose

Reaction score
Im back :wha: who are you some people will be saying !!!
Well let me just say my life changed a few years ago and it all went to pot I had to sell the old brewery :evil:

Anyway on to the good stuff I've been chewing the bit for a while wanting to brew again but small problem I'm renting a room in a shared house so full on grain brewing is out. So best I can do for a while will be kits and my version of Gingerbeer, Just ordered fermenters and barrels have friends going to save brown beer bottles for me and I have found a seller on Ebay doing 6 crates for not to much so that is storage sorted.

Plan for the future buy my own place and build a Grain Brewery again. Looking at the brewery costs its going to be a long slog again putting it all together but as I have built from nothing to a full brewery I have hind sight so I know what I want and how to build it this time around properly and rather than a small im aiming for a 100 litre all grain this time around all shiny well we all like shiny.

So when the fermenters arrive a barrel of Ginger Beer is in order as its easy to make and not a kit. Best part is their is an asian food store near me where I can buy Ginger by kilo and no one will bat an eyelid, The ginger is fresh same as the chillies hehehe, Any way 3 kilos of ginger peel it and grate it boil it to extract the most ginger possible 5 lemons juiced 2 teaspoons of cream of soda 2 kilos of brewing glucose ( or sugar ) champagne yeast and the job is a goodun ferment for a week ensure you bung in some of the peeled and grated ginger use fake sugar to taste, This stuff is great as it has a good kick of ginger.

Second brew will be one of the kits with a hop enhancer to get the best taste I can from a kit.

No car only a motorbike means no brewing at a friends and transporting the brew to mine after.

But as I said I'm back and brewing again.

Brewery name to be decided yet again and when it is decided and I have a shed to brew in I'm putting a big sign over the door with the brewery name on it.

Welcome back - I remember you by your little signature icon telling me what my Lappy runs on. Great Stuff

Hope all goes as you plan and you get back into brewing as soon as you can, its a hard life without it!!

Thanks for the welcome back. Things are getting better just waiting for the brew gear to arrive then the ginger beer shall be made just to get started.

Back