Silverside joint BBQ or roast?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewbob

Regular.
Reaction score
I've got a lovely piece of farm shop Silverside and I'm umming and ahhing whether or not to BBQ it or have it as a trad roast with all the trimmings.
What do you reckon? How would you BBQ it, rare, or low'n'slow?

Silverside would be fine as a low-n-slow smoked effort.

Do the complete BBQ sunday roast maybe?

Catch the drippings from the beef in a foil tray.
Bake some spuds in tight tinfoil, unwrap then crisp them up on the rack
Roast up some veggies on skewers
Use an old pan above the coals to make your gravy

I'll be VERY impressed if you pull off a BBQ Yorkshire Pudding... :lol:

BBQ yorkshires can't be that difficult, goose fat in thick bottomed tray, close lid to heat up.

Open lid, pour in batter, close lid to bake.

Boom, yorkshire puds.

For me i would cover the beef in butter and wrap it in foil and cook it at 120c for around 6hrs it will be lovely and fall apart . Did this last new years :thumb:

Ok, I've got a plan. I too think a roast is too good to pass up with a joint like this. So, I'm going to marinade the meat in some of my Milestone IPA (might improve it :lol: ) and some garlic, celery, carrot, thyme and seasoning, overnight at least. Then I'll BBQ the joint, low'n'slow, catching the juices below. Once it's done I'll wrap it in foil to rest, use the fat to BBQ/roast some spuds, celeriac, and neeps, use the marinade and juice to make a gravy, and do some greens, Yorkies etc on the side. I'm salivating already! :party:

Latest posts

Back