Brew fridge shopping list!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRedDarren

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well, I've humbly been granted permission to build a brew fridge by her majesty.
Thing is, I don't know what to buy!
Can anyone advise me?
Go on, spend my money, you know you want to!

Depending on the space you have to keep your fridge just look out for a under the counter type fridge, If you have the room, if i was you I would get a taller type fridge as it will come in handy for maybe putting a couple of fermenters in or for conditioning bottles while fermenting.
On ebay and gumtree there dose not seem any difference between prices of the shorter and taller fridges types so get the biggest you can fit into the area where its going to stay

Sorry, should have said, I've got the fridge sorted - it's a tall larder fridge.
I just need to know what to buy in the way of electrical parts, what wires, connectors and which stc.

From memory, I bought:
Stc1000
2x rubber plugs sockets
Greenhouse heater, 60w 1ft long
Project box to house it.
Most of this came from ebay.

The wires came from an old PC power cable, check the rating. I also used an old wooden shelf to manufacture a shelf for the FV as the ones supplied are not strong enough.

Think that was everything, there are several guides available by googling fermentation fridge build. Was very simple to do.

Latest posts

Back