Wilkos cheap cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to sound a bit negative, but I have had little but dissapointment from my attempts to make cider.

Cheap cider is possibily one of the least rewarding avenues to explore as a homebrewer.

Coopers kit plus spraymalt is Wilko's finest offer for me. Does not look as flashy, but all 3 of the ones Wilko sell make dependable, solid beer.

Hey Cqr

Hope your gd ! I've seen this one in tesco but the 48hr cloudy part put me off never mind the £25 price tag [emoji23]

At 12 it's worth a bash its Minimal work to try it out !

I pick up a kit today reduced to £6 from £15 so figured it was worth a try for 20 pints, feedback to follow. The cloudy element is not at all off putting as you do get cloudy cider etc.. Says best after 10 days and becomes drier to the taste there after. These kits retail at £20 so £1 a pint is still good :thumb:

Defo worth a shot at £6

Cloudy cider just not my preference, I like a clear cider

i9f its reduced, check its use by date, it might be worth getting new yeast if its near its date and been sitting on shop shelf for ages, and yeah 10 days in perfect conditions.

i9f its reduced, check its use by date, it might be worth getting new yeast if its near its date and been sitting on shop shelf for ages, and yeah 10 days in perfect conditions.

I hear you loud and clear, the best before is fine were all ok on that front.

We'll see what happens price tag was too good not to have a try, noticed they do other kits so maybe interesting as all my beer brewing equipment is no more so if the ale kit is any cop then an easy solution :thumb:

Tried one about a month ago, made to 15 lit, with 1kg of brewing sugar at an OG of 48 FG was1.009; so about 5.2% abv - it's a bit 'light' but has a decent cider taste and should be even better in a few weeks time. All in all not bad for the price :mrgreen:

Back