6kg Co2 bottle life expectancy with cornies?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys add sugar or carbonation tablets when you put beer in your cornies?
I do. I might use a carbonation calculator (the one in Beersmith for me) and that has just this week put 47g (per 20L Corny) in what will be a highly carbonated Dead Pony Club clone, often it's only 10-15g in my "cask" style beers. I always go for natural carbonation and just use the CO2 as backup. Because of the "cask" styles I brew the idea of "force carbonating" is a bit like the idea of drinking bleach. But I do not suggest that no-one force carbonates, that is a personal choice and force carbonating is no doubt very convenient for some folk.

"Carbonation tablets"? Aren't they just for bottling? I don't bottle (much) but they seem a bit of an unnecessary luxury. Like teabags; they'll never catch on.

What part of North Wales are you in, I wouldn't mind visiting to see you spread out system sometime.
Brian
Bala (ish). But the brewery is getting a major upgrade in September/October, and you've already seen in the piccie that the "bar" is still being worked on. So, you're not expecting brewery visits too soon are you?

Latest posts

Back