Hobbies.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started following the Stronglifts programme a couple of years back but after a while I swapped to the Starting Strength programme by Mark Ripetoe which is what Stronglifts is based on. It's a much better programme and I strongly recommend getting the book, tons of great info from someone who really knows what he's talking about. I saw great gains really quickly, though I haven't been to the gym in a few months, moving house got in the way and haven't got back into it yet.
Yeah I've heard of the Ripptoe programme ("Starting strength" or something isn't it?) from before I'd stopped last time but didn't look into it. I might check it out when I feel the need to freshen things up!

As much as I love the Uncharted games I feel a bit meh about The Lost Legacy and that's probably because Nathan Drake won't be in it. Having said that, I'll probably pick up The Lost Legacy sometime in the future when it reduces in price.

I did wonder if i would like playing as a female when i first played Horizon zero dawn but it didn't bother me in the slightest so am looking forward to the new game.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PhhiKPHTWM[/ame]

As should everyone.

I quite liked the MK2 :wink:

Volkswagen~Golf~GTI~Mk2~(1).jpg

I have always had many hobbies, I don't watch telly or films. I've always been into my cars and bikes, had a few bikes over the years and currently have a Suzuki Hayabusa. I have also got a Westfield Seight which is a Lotus 7/Caterham type of car. It has a Rover 3.5 litre V8 in it which makes it a very interesting car..... Before that I had a GT40 Rep which I loved, but had to sell to purchase my current house.....

IMG_9727.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

A few years ago I got into F1 Sidecar racing which was amazing fun, until a big accident at Brands Hatch ended my career. I was the passenger and smashed my legs up quite badly which prevents me from crouching or kneeling now.
IMG_2147.jpg

I am also into my music and play in a few local gigging bands. I play Bass and Double Bass in bands and play Guitar at home. I am just learning the Drums at the moment and loving it. I like to record music too. I have made a few guitars and Bass guitars which I use to gig with. I enjoy DIY and making things. I used to be into building and flying model helicopters, but I don't have time for that at the moment, maybe in a few years time.....

Edit: forgot to say I'm also a season ticket holder for Portsmouth FC

Procrastinating, football (both playing and watching from the terraces), playing guitar badly and occasionally some recording.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Well for me the main consumer of my time are my two boys (4 and 6) after that it's:

My veggie garden
Golf (12 handicap)
Doing up my house (slowly)
Wild food hunting (mushrooms and hedgerow foraging and stuff)
Keeping SWMBO happy [emoji4]

And then brewing obvs fits in there somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am also into my music and play in a few local gigging bands. I play Bass and Double Bass in bands and play Guitar at home. I am just learning the Drums at the moment and loving it. I like to record music too. I have made a few guitars and Bass guitars which I use to gig with. I enjoy DIY and making things. I used to be into building and flying model helicopters, but I don't have time for that at the moment, maybe in a few years time.....

I love the sound of a double bass in rock music.

Is it a rockabilly/psychobilly type band you play in?

I love the sound of a double bass in rock music.

Is it a rockabilly/psychobilly type band you play in?

Unfortunately not, it's a 50s Rock and Roll band. It's not a very busy band, doesn't gig much.

I would love to play in a Rockabilly band. I listen to bands like Stray Cats and the Brian Setzer Orchestra. The Double Bass is my favourite instrument to play.

I have always had many hobbies, I don't watch telly or films. I've always been into my cars and bikes, had a few bikes over the years and currently have a Suzuki Hayabusa. I have also got a Westfield Seight which is a Lotus 7/Caterham type of car. It has a Rover 3.5 litre V8 in it which makes it a very interesting car..... Before that I had a GT40 Rep which I loved, but had to sell to purchase my current house.....

IMG_9727.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

A few years ago I got into F1 Sidecar racing which was amazing fun, until a big accident at Brands Hatch ended my career. I was the passenger and smashed my legs up quite badly which prevents me from crouching or kneeling now.
IMG_2147.jpg

Edit: forgot to say I'm also a season ticket holder for Portsmouth FC
Christ, I clean forgot to mention my Caterham Super Seven, mind you it's getting sold this year as it's just not getting the use it deserves.

Unfortunately not, it's a 50s Rock and Roll band. It's not a very busy band, doesn't gig much.

I would love to play in a Rockabilly band. I listen to bands like Stray Cats and the Brian Setzer Orchestra. The Double Bass is my favourite instrument to play.

It was Australian rock band The Living End that got me interested in that kind of thing. They started as a psychobilly band (first EP, Hellbound, is all psychobilly) but by their debut album they were mainly punk influenced and have evolved even more over the years bringing in elements of classic rock and new wave. Their bass player Scott Owen is a great showman, and plays some superb bass lines.

That got me interested in the Stray Cats and Reverend Horton Heat, and punkier psychobilly stuff like the Nekromantix and Tiger Army.

I've probably not bored you all enough, to summarise - I love this track:
https://youtu.be/zuT8YK30UV8

. . . playing guitar badly . . .
Hi!
We must have gone to the same teacher :)
I didn't include guitar in the list of my hobbies as I have developed trigger finger on the left hand and can't hold down chords any more. My guitars are gathering dust.

Gutted for you. My dad has Dupuytren's contracture in his little finger which is a hereditary condition that causes the fingers to bend towards the palm. It's thought the gene associated with the condition was brought to the UK by the Vikings. Hopefully I won't be afflicted in a similar way.

Hobbies....: Apart from brewing, - gardening, swimming, cycling (occasionally), reading, doing what SWMBO instructs me to do and fairly recently I've got into ancestry research - amazing how many skeletons you can find in the family closet.. :whistle:

I collect and restore vintage camp and household stoves ( Primus and the like ) and am an avid cook. Love spending my weekends making food. Not helping with my waistline much...lol

Morris dancing and bagpipe playing.
Used to make bagpipes for a living but got struck down with asthma and can't cope with the dust anymore. But I can still play.

1040 - Tafarn sinc 27-12-16.jpg

Fishing is really my first love .Don't go half as much as i used to :-(. Enjoy a spot of gardening despite it having been my work for some 20 years.Been brewing now for 2 plus years.:thumb:

Back