Easy kegs, mini kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. B

Reaction score
Are these things any good?
Easy_keg_gold_white.jpg

http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/aca ... _5ltr.html
They look and sound just the thing for special occasions such as parties, etc. but not many places seem to sell them.

Yep they are brill - i use the ex Effes beer one here as its all i can get and i reuse the rubber bungs in them too but you can buy new ones online. Just watch how you remove thenm so as not to scratch the can as if you do it will rust then no good to anyone.
Either batch prime with sugar before filling or add 40-50g sugar direct to can - carbs up no problem, condition same as bottles - leave in the warm for a week or two then fridge it to cool and get the yeasties to drop out.
I have done a few now and had no problems - just release a bit of the pressure before opening the tap to dispense or it will froth up big time - and partying will empty them in one go anyway - although i did take 3 days to drink one the carbonation was fine as long as you dont let out too much from the top.
You can also get an attatchment for them that uses the small co2 cartridges and has a tap on it but i cant get those here. :thumb:

if you got one of the little CO2 injectors for one of these would it be possible to transfer clear beer from a pressure barrel and then force carbonate it?
Just thinking that these filled with clear beer would be even better for parties & weekends

screamlead said:
Yep they are brill - i use the ex Effes beer one here
What are these ones?
I don't want to order them from the site I linked to but can't seem to find anywhere else that sells them.

If you can't find any in your locals shops it might be worth seeing whether your local breweries do them - the two I have came (filled with beer!) from the Rebellion and Loddon Breweries. They're exactly the same as the one you pictured (albeit with the brewery's branding on them).

Yep mine were full of beer too when i got them - drink the beer and reuse.
There are a few sites around that sell these too.
Why not test drive a can first by buying one from the supermarkets etc

I didn't know you could buy them from supermarkets!
And I wouldn't have known they were reusable.
I will keep an eye out though!

Used to buy these full of beer from Bristol Beer Factory regularly and just threw the empties away afterwards!!

Doh!

Never realised you could re-use!! Do you have to buy new bungs each time??

screamlead said:
Either batch prime with sugar before filling or add 40-50g sugar direct to can

Isn't that a bit high for a single keg? I'm sure I've read elsewhere that 10-15g per keg is more the norm or you run the risk of damaging your keg?
I've only just started using these myself so erred on the safe side and only added 10g. If it's safe to double it I'll be more than happy, if only to cut down on Co2 usage. Not bad so far though, a keg and a half and I'm still on the 1st bulb :cheers:

Cheers Tom

Latest posts

Back