If I brew something today ...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthwormgaz

Regular.
Reaction score
... can me and my mates drink it in two weeks if I put it in a barrel? I know if it's in a bottle after brewing, you need another 2 weeks of conditioning, does the same go for a barrel?

Basically, thinking of having the lads round in 2 weeks, will I give everyone the shits if I feed them a brew I do today?
_diarrhea_.gif

My last stout has had a week in the FV a week in secondry and a week in the bottle and it is perfectly carbonated and clear. Tastes good too. But would I drink ..........

,O I now my beers taste far better after a month or 6 weeks in the bottle.

Do in answer you probably could get one in two weeks if it fermented out quickly and it cleared all in a week.

You could do it, but I wouldn't. I would want the taste to be properly developed. Needs at least 6 weeks even in the barrel.

You dont want to give them the impression that home brewing is Cr4p!

I might just drink 10 pints of it between us when we're too drunk to taste it and bottle the rest. We can drink my EPA from the other week which will have had 3 weeks bottle conditioning by then :D

Doing a stout in the end, it's just boiling now, will pitch tomorrow and hope it ferments like the clappers.

Happy St George's Day everyone!
drapeauautre.gif

:lol: I was about to say that you've asked this under wine & cider, therefore the answer would be no.

Moving to beer, but I'd still say no.

Back