Stella

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRXnMe

Landlord.
Reaction score
Is it ever deemed acceptable to sup Stella? Only I am doing right now :)

In my defence I offer this, it's the least worst drink available where I am and it's free :D

i can sink a few stellas. it's aroma hopped and strong so it certainly craps all over carling etc! but don't worry about being judged, it's wrong to complain about beer quality if you're not even the one drinking it. unless it's fosters, then it's okay.

Free trumps a **** beer !

It does beg the question though....wheres your home brew ?

I beg to disagree one should abstain or seek out a better class of beer .

Thats what I will be doing next week on holiday when all on offer from those that control the shopping is John Sh*te.

:hmm: :hmm:

happily I'm not alone in my lack of total disdain for Stella. I feel somewhat vindicated with the one supporting post :)

My homebrew is, sadly, at home and I'm not. My boss decides I am going to visit places from time to time and this is one of them.

Happily at such times I am at no ome's mercy besides my own and the locals, sadly this trip there is no local bar with real ale on tap :(

Go on our jollies on Thursday morning, finding something palatable in sunny Palma nova may be struggle.
Any beer has got to be better than no beer!!!

I think it is accepted that during the summer holiday season that it is acceptable well tolerated practice to drink said 'beers'. :lol: :lol:

I know I will have too

No its not.... stay at home. Tell your other half that for this year, you are not wasting money on the promenade walks of Filey, paddling the cool waters of the North Sea in a freshening easterly wind, and that you intend to bask in the delights of home cooking sunshine in your garden, and an endless supply of your good home brewed ales..................................

Go on I dare ya,

piddledribble said:
No its not.... stay at home. Tell your other half that for this year, you are not wasting money on the promenade walks of Filey, paddling the cool waters of the North Sea in a freshening easterly wind, and that you intend to bask in the delights of home cooking sunshine in your garden, and an endless supply of your good home brewed ales..................................

Go on I dare ya,

When it's me paying for the holiday we usually go in the caravan, then I take home brew with me, as this is on the boss man's wallet and airport security has a dim view of large amounts of liquid in hand luggage I'm buying 'beer' while away.

The real horror isn't that it's Stella, it's the £4 a pint it's costing :eek: :(

£4 a pint.................................... :D

falls on his ****.

Posh hotel mate, all poncey little bits of food, flash wines and waiters who think you're going to leave them a tenner tip for a meal that woild cost you a fiver in any decent caff.

Happily the beds are ruddy comfy and we pay half the standard room rate, and wifi is free so I can sit here supping 'free' booze, working and nattering with you lot :)

When I go to Spain I drink Estrella Damm mostly, even though it has rice in the recipe. Bit of Xibeca for variety. As long as there's a hint of malt and hop, coldness is what you mostly want when the air temp is 33

I was working in Oslo earlier this year. The beer was over £11 a pint!! And to make matters worse it was rubbish.

Obviously, I only bought beer on expenses. I would rather poke myself in the eye several times than drink **** beer at these prices.

£4 a pint. Bargain. Should try some of the bars in central Manchester! Two pints of crappy lager that'll be no change from £10 thanks. Plus you get the advantage of being surrounded by idiots.

One reason you should not go drinking in central manchester.

Unless you walk 2 mins away and enjoy a few pints of ale for less than £3.

Off to South Africa in erm.. 36 hours I hear they have a good underground beer culture but otherwise its Castle Lager all the way! YAY! :sick: Best stick on the wine if there is the choice

D :thumb:

I'll probably be banned for this but......

There's nothing wrong with a cold refreshing pint of Stella, especially on a hot day, and free too? cant complain about that :D

Yeah a good real ale or home brew is better but it could be worse, he could be stuck with Tennents or Carling :sick:

Any jobs going? boss paying for trips and beer... I will happily come work with you.

Nothing wrong with an ice cold Stella.

Ive got a beer machine, designed to make lager then the whole unit fits in my fridge in the garage.

I'm curently enjoying an ice cold Vienna Black Lager that is clear and good with a burnt sugar finish. next to go in is a canadian red lager kit, then a usa gold lager. it works well

You put the sachet of powder in, the water and yeast, seal it up and it bubbles out the top, when the bubbles stop place the whole thing in the fridge and wait a week. It has its own beer tap and co2 injector and pressure gauge.

I love it for cold lager rather than buying it.

Tankboi said:
Any jobs going? boss paying for trips and beer... I will happily come work with you.

Mostly going the wrong way :(

We've gone from over 200 on our site to 180 in the last 8 months, happily the order book is looking reasonable so the rest of might get to keep our jobs.

Part of the reason for the travel is to get myself some options if this site does fail, thing is I'm good at what I do, very good, and the bosses in the US have seen the benefits I've brought to the site I work at, so I'm 'sharing the knowledge' with a few other sites :)

The trips aren't that much cop, I get to see the airport, the road from the airport to the office, the road from the office to the hotel and repeat :(

I'm usually working around 18 hours a day when away in order to achieve my objectives and stay ahead of my day job in the UK. If I'm lucky I get to walk around the city I'm in for a couple of hours and see a few tourist spots, if I'm unlucky the local criminals start getting nasty while I'm there (interesting trip to Mexico) and the army take over the city without telling me :eek: :shock:

On the plus side I've had a heads up for another good hotel in the city I was in this week that has a CAMRA style pub opposite it, I might be trying to justify a slight increase in my hotel bill for the next trip :D

Back