• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted : Flip top bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dx4100

Regular.
Reaction score
If anyone has any they want to get rid off I would be interested. Crates as well if you have ones they fit into.

Based in Warrington

Unlikely to get any from keen brewers, they are the Rolls Royce of bottles.

Can I suggest you put a wanted request on your local Freecycle or Freegle site, that worked for me and also speak to the supervisor in your local council recycling centre, this also worked for me, I now keep him sweet with some home brews occasionally.

If you don't ask you don't get :)

Seen a number of offerings on Ebay but they are never local :P

Think I am just going to bit the bullet and buy new!

I was lucky enough to get some (100) (Cheers Dennis :cheers: ) After using the first batch I realised that this was the way to go. For Christmas presents I bought a couple of people some beer from Aldi (fliptop) and asked them to keep the empties for me.
My plan is to do this until the other hundred Kroneburg bottles are gone.

Matt

not sure how often wilko's has their 50% off, but I got a lot from their last sale. they are clear but no problem for me...

dx4100 said:
Cheers :thumb:

Want brown ones myself given the issue with skunking

The Range - £10 for 12 brown. They are plastic caps rather than ceramic though, seem reasonable quality though I haven't used them yet.

Dave

Any sort of light hitting the bottle can cause skunking...

Clear are almost useless for home brewing I would of thought ?

There is a job lot of bottleson fleabay.
There at bingley in west yorks so probably less than an hour along the M62 :thumb:

I wanted to get a few 500ml dark brown flip-top bottles a short while ago, and ended up buying a mixture of 12 really nice German lagers off Beermerchants.com

Including delivery, it cost me £2.68 per bottle, which I was happy with - the beers are wonderful, and the bottles spot-on. I'm sure there are cheaper ways of doing this, for example the Aldi route, but when do they ever have them in stock these days?

Fuzzy-felt said:
I wanted to get a few 500ml dark brown flip-top bottles a short while ago, and ended up buying a mixture of 12 really nice German lagers off Beermerchants.com

Including delivery, it cost me £2.68 per bottle, which I was happy with - the beers are wonderful, and the bottles spot-on. I'm sure there are cheaper ways of doing this, for example the Aldi route, but when do they ever have them in stock these days?

Next lot is September 2014 apparently.

Dave

the home brewing shop in Worthing is brilliant, flip top beer bottles are 16 quid for 12
(that's the brown one's with ceramic tops) spend over 60 quid and its free postage.

Im afraid I may have cleared out warrington for flip tops ;) and I may have cleaned asda westbrook out of grolsch........ whoops!

Back