best newbie recipe book

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbloke

Reaction score
Hi

Not been on for a while tho I've been busy experimenting with kits, various hops and yeasts and now I want to progress to Biab ..is there a goto book for recipes that folks use?

cheers fatbloke

I will second Greg Hughes book. Plenty of recipies on the net if you hunt around.
Once you have done a few, try your own and use the recipie builder available on here:thumb:

I started out with James Morton's 'Brew' - see the thread on that here http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66797

He specifically talks about BIAB in a lot of depth and it got me from my first kit to AG in a few months. He's very big on hops in his recipes, which some folks don't like but it suits me. I've done a fair few recipes out of there now and not been disappointed yet.

James Morton's​ book significantly improved my brews. His book is BIAB orientated.

His explanations moved me onto liquid yeast with starters, controlling of fermentation temperatures, batch priming, and generally improved my confidence overall.

Latest posts

Back