CML American pale yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I pitched a packet into my pale ale brew Friday tea time,og 1054 and 19°c,fridge set at 18°c. On returning from the pub Friday night at around 11:30 ish there was activity. It's bubbled like the clappers until tonight then died away. I've not checked the fg yet as I don't want to mess with it....seems rather quick...

Hello all
I pitched a packet into my pale ale brew Friday tea time,og 1054 and 19°c,fridge set at 18°c. On returning from the pub Friday night at around 11:30 ish there was activity. It's bubbled like the clappers until tonight then died away. I've not checked the fg yet as I don't want to mess with it....seems rather quick...
All their yeast seems to go like mad for the first 48 hrs then appears to stop.Let it sit you know the drill as well as anyone else and it'll be fine.

Gerry

I've just done a fg on this...1011,5.6% and 79% attenuation so looks about done. I'm gonna give it another 4 days then try cold crashing for a week. The test jar is really good. ..quite possibly the best yet!

I've used the Kolsch and American pale yeasts so far from CML. Both have been very vigorous fermentations with almost all activity in the first 2 or 3 days. So far so good in terms of the finished beers. :thumb:

Have a black IPa on the go with the Us Pale yeast and it has got down to almost the OG very fast,as before with the yeast.
Don't be in too much of a hurry to mess with it however:thumb:

Latest posts

Back